• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How far can be pushed a code only project, realisticly ?

Years
  • Hello,

I don't usually post on these forums but some time ago I wrote a project I had for a Pokemon game, but I don't know if I should start working on it since I have a full time job and family...

So I'm looking at rom hacks forums and saw several decomp hacks, but all of them were just patches and features additions, none has a new region map, story, regional dex.

I'd like to know how difficult it is to replace the region map, and even better would be a patch that removes all Hoenn content from the code, does such a thing exist ?

My goal is to create everything from the repo through the Makefile command, so using only decomp tools (Porymaps etc).

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    It is possible and much easier than binary hacking
    But the thing is due to decomps existing for much less time than binary there are barely any hacks with custom region and such for decomps as they do take much longer time to develop
    There are many which are in development while 2 of the best binary rom hacks are being ported to decomps(Flora Sky and Glazed)

Back