• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Thread tags and polls

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
  • Hi! I have a couple of questions about managing a thread I started in the ROM hacks forum (see signature).

1) I made a poll and didn't set a closing date for it. I would like to close it now, but I can't figure out how... haha. Help?

2) Is there a way to edit the tags on threads we create? I edited them once or twice shortly after creating the thread, but I can't find that option anymore.

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I just can't figure out how to do these things. Am I supposed to be able to do them, or are they currently not available? Thanks!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Hi! I have a couple of questions about managing a thread I started in the ROM hacks forum (see signature).

1) I made a poll and didn't set a closing date for it. I would like to close it now, but I can't figure out how... haha. Help?

2) Is there a way to edit the tags on threads we create? I edited them once or twice shortly after creating the thread, but I can't find that option anymore.

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I just can't figure out how to do these things. Am I supposed to be able to do them, or are they currently not available? Thanks!

1) I don't think members can edit polls once they've been created. Some limited options might be available under "Thread Tools -> Edit Thread" at the top of the page, or by clicking "Edit Poll" next to the poll, but again I don't know if those are available to non-staff. Usually you'd have to PM a moderator in the section to close the poll for you, but I'll save you the effort and go do it now.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by "Tags"; to the best of my knowledge we don't have a tag system enabled. If you mean the writing that shows before the thread's name, that's called a Category or Prefix, and you should be able to change it via the Edit Thread menu I mentioned. If that's not available (although I think this one should be), PM the section's mod and they'll do it for you. If this isn't what you mean then let me know.

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
    Years

• 1) Good to know. My "Thread Tools" dropdown menu only has 2 options: "Show Printable Version" and "Subscribe to this Thread." Can I assume that the only way for me to start a new poll on that thread is also by PMing a mod?

2) Image of what I'm referring to:
    Spoiler:
    The fact that I can only see the tags on my own thread suggest that "tags" as a whole have been made private. Based on your reply, I'm guessing they were made private because the tag system is no longer used? Or maybe it was never operational?

Thanks for your quick and helpful replies!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • 1) Good to know. My "Thread Tools" dropdown menu only has 2 options: "Show Printable Version" and "Subscribe to this Thread." Can I assume that the only way for me to start a new poll on that thread is also by PMing a mod?

What you'd normally do is PM a mod so they can remove the poll and then you'll be able to re-add your own, yeah. Since I'm here though I'll do that for you too - record the data you need from the existing poll then let me know when you're done (by PM) and I'll remove it so you can start a new one.

2) Image of what I'm referring to:
    Spoiler:
    The fact that I can only see the tags on my own thread suggest that "tags" as a whole have been made private. Based on your reply, I'm guessing they were made private because the tag system is no longer used? Or maybe it was never operational?

Thanks for your quick and helpful replies!

Huh. You've just shown me something I didn't even know was here, ahaha. I honestly can't say I have any experience with that tagging system that I recall - interestingly it might not be the case that you can only see tags on your own thread. From my end, it looks like your thread is the only one with tags actually attached to it at all. I have no idea how those tags might have been added or how they could be changed, but I'll go digging and see what I can find and I'll get back to you if I see anything interesting.

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
    Years
  • Sounds good! I actually added those tags myself when I first created the thread, since it was an option back then. Really interesting to know that none of the other threads have them haha

Thanks for your help!

Back