• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I'm stuck after E4

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    I've beaten E4 once and I received the call from Elm, however I didn't do the Togepi event at the time, so he didin't give me the ticket to MN acqua, but he asked me about the egg.

So I have brought Togepi to him and I got the Everstone, then I talked to him once again but nothing happened . . .

Then I decided to beat once again the E4, in order to solve the situation, but still he doesn't give me anythingh when I talk to him (even via Pokegear)

Does someone know what can I do to get to Kanto please?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    First, check your bag for the S.S. Ticket. It should be under key items. If it's not there, then you're correct and you did not receive it. If you don't have it, and if you've already completed the short Togepi event and he will still not give you the Ticket, then it's likely that you can no longer receive the ticket due to a glitch. That's not something you can fix without cheating.

It might help to know how you're playing - I haven't heard of this glitch occurring on the Virtual Console release or on the original cartridges. The only information I can find is that this happens sometimes on emulated copies of the game, particularly Crystal Version and modified ROMs; additionally, if any cheating was used, it's possible that the Key Items bag section was full, which I have heard can also cause problems. However, it's entirely possible that this problem can occur on legitimate copies of the game if you don't show Elm a Togepi before completing the Elite Four, though it's definitely rare.

Hopefully at least some aspect of this post helps - unfortunately, if you don't have the S.S. Ticket and he won't give it to you, you're out of luck without resorting to cheating.

Whether or not you have it, the best thing to do now is try to board the S.S. Aqua on Mondays and Fridays, which are the only two days it runs after your first, initial ride.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    Thanks everybody for answering,
    Somehow I managed to solve the problem by simply taking the ship at Olivine city . . . Now I'm in Kanto, but apparently I haven't any ticket :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    Just make sure the Vermilion City Police never notices that you traveled without having a pass :D

I hope so, I can't compete with his badassness

Spoiler:

Back