• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OU RMT or something] Team AvaTar

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    EDIT: I've somewhat overhauled my team. Ignore the first three replies. Also, change the name of my team to "Team GlisBliss"

A couple of notes before I start:
    I'm new here, and I'm pretty new to Pokiemanz, so please go easy on me :)
    PLEASE don't tell me to use any "Hidden Power". I really don't want to go to the effort of IV breeding.
    If possible, I'd like to keep possible weaknesses minimal, from a type-advantage standpoint.
    I took much of my inspiration from the Smogon sets.
    To be honest, I don't have DPPt yet. I'm planning on getting it very soon though, and this is the team I wanna build.

Let's see:

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    252HP / 4Atk / 252Def
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roar

My Swampert lead. Lay down some Stealth Rocks, and then Roar. Also makes for good PHazing. Earthquake for STAB, Ice Punch over Ice Beam because Swampert's Attack is... better than his Special Attack.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    160HP/ 252Atk/ 48 Def / 48 SpDef
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    -Stone Edge
    -Payback
    -Pursuit
    -Earthquake

The recommended Choice Band set, but with some major changes. For one, I changed "Crunch" to "Payback", which, at full power, is noticeably more powerful than Crunch. The second change I've made in order to allow Payback to be at full power more often. The original set had 96 Speed EVs, I've spread them evenly among Tyranitar's monstrous defenses (his SpDef is boosted even more by Sandstorm). This ensures that Ttar will be slower, and will be more capable of taking the attacks which are a result of him being slower.

I've considered Aqua Tail or one of the elemental punches for the final slot, instead of Earthquake. Tell me if I should.

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
    Torrent
    252HP / 252SpAtk / 4 Spe
    Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Sleep Talk

For the position of Special Attacker, I considered Heatran. However, the Choice Scarf set was far too incapable of dealing with his own weaknesses (without Hidden Power, which I don't care for at all), let alone the weaknesses of most of my team. Empoleon has far better coverage. If you REALLY think that Heatran would be a better choice, then feel free to suggest it. But first read the rest of my team.

I stuck Sleep Talk on him to take advantage of Sleep Clause. If Empoleon's put to sleep, he can still attack and no-one else in my team can be put to sleep.

Empoleon resists Ice moves incredibly. Empoleon also has a resistance to Water type moves, with Grass Knot to counter them Why did I mention that? It's because I have a Gliscor, who acts as my physical wall.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Sand Veil
    Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
    252HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    -Aerial Ace
    -Roost
    -Toxic
    -Knock Off

Physical Wall. Sand Veil, Roost and Toxic are self-explanatory. Aerial Ace for some emergency STAB, Knock Off to mess with the opponent. I love messing with people.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    24HP/ 252Def/ 232 SpDef
    Calm/Careful (it doesn't really matter, +SpDef, -Atk/SpAtk)
    -Seismic Toss
    -Softboiled
    -Aromatherapy
    -Toxic

My special wall. Seismic toss to cause consistent damage, Leftovers to withstand Sandstorm. Softboiled to heal, A-therapy to help my team, Toxic to inflict extra damage, taking advantage of the stalling capabilities of both my walls and the presence of Sandstorm.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
    Levitate, muddafuggaz!!!11!!one!1eleven
    4Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball
    -Trick

The entire point of this pokemon is to switch into Ground or Fighting-typed pokemon doing their STAB thang on my offensive pokemon (Tyranitar, Empoleon, or maybe even on Blissey), and take them out with Psychic and Energy Ball respectively. Gengar's immunities to Ground and Fighting typed moves kinda helps too. His immunity to normal type moves also helps with Explosion and Rapid Spin. I have Black Sludge for Sandstorm resistance, but I can also use Trick to mess with the opponent, since losing 3/16 of their HP per turn (factoring in Sandstorm) kinda hurts, while simultaneously stealing their beneficial item.

I'm a bit wary of his moves though. Feel free to suggest something else, keeping the rest of my team in mind.

Thank you and good day!

Last edited:

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    ookay, well your team has a slight problem with SD Scizor. Actually you really don't have anything for any scizor at all. The best you can manage is to try and stall it out. I would suggest putting a hetran, or infernape, or something with STAB fire move, or any fire move for that matter.

Also, you have a rather slow team.. you COULD try a trick storm team...... or not lol
    but u might want a scarf on something
    like for example:

490.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Naive/Rash nature
    Flash Fire
    4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Earth Power
    Explosion
    Dragon Pulse

If you reeaaallly don't want to bother getting explosion, you could maaayyybee replace it with flash cannon... but i wouldn't lol
    this covers Scizor, and helps with Mence, etc. Plus it's a faster edition to your team, and isn't affected by sandstorm.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    If I did put scarf Heatran into my team, who would I replace? And what effects would that have on the lack of type disadvantage that my team already has?

Because I don't really think that adding a fast pokemon for the sake of speed and one pokemon is worth it. Maybe i should give tyranitar ice punch instead of aqua tail, so I can give azelf flamethrower over ice beam?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, legendaries are too hard to catch, and there's only one Masterball. Only suggest legendaries if it REALLY helps.

EDIT2: Gave Tyranitar Fire Punch.

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I do not see very well covered in the weak fight and Bulky-Gyarados, one after a Swords Dance Lucario could really give this team a lot of problems, especially if no longer available Gliscor.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    I'm going to overhaul my team. Tyranitar and Gliscor will remain the same, Empoleon is going to change, and the rest of my team will comprise different pokemon.

Someone change the team name to "Team GlisBliss".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    I'm going to overhaul my team. Tyranitar and Gliscor will remain the same, Empoleon is going to change, and the rest of my team will comprise different pokemon.

Someone change the team name to "Team GlisBliss".

But the name was so good!
    'poleon was better with something other than flash cannon IMO
    never hits for me

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    What are you talking about? Flash Cannon has 100 accuracy, no?

And AvaTar's still there. I just decided that the nicknames weren't important.

Maybe I should switch Flash Cannon with Sleep Talk. What do you think of that? EDIT: done

Last edited:
    Back