• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Absol Or Dusclops?

Years
  • I've been wanting to raise one of these to for years now and just never got around to it. I have one spot left opened on my team and don't know which will bring more balance and which will be better for the E4 and late game opponents.

My Team:
    Combusken
    Swellow
    Lombre
    Magnemite
    Vibrava

Years
  • I prefer Dusclops. Dusclops is a solid tank which can annoy the opponent with will-o-wisp, and it's a pretty good rapid spin blocker. It may not handle itself too good in the standard story, but in places like the battle tower/frontier, it is a really good Pokemon. I always used Dusclops paired with 2 offensive Pokemon.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I'd take Absol purely for biased reasons.

But even putting that aside, I'd put him above Dusclops as I prefer offense over defense. Surely Absol is pretty fragile and his Speed is bluntly spoken underpowered (I'd put it at 90), but many of his moves have a higher critical hit ratio. If you combine that with Super Luck it could be a strong sweeper.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    ^ Same as that dude, I'm a little biased towards Absol. One time I had an Absol, a Mightyena and a Manectric on my team, they were my Trio De Dangers.
    Spoiler:

I don't quite remember the last three members of my team, and I wish I did cause I do remember that being one of my best runs through Emerald. Dusclops does have it's qualities which can annoy and outlast an opponent, but as I previously mentioned my opinion is purely biased.

Whose to say you wouldn't have a good experience with it as well? Absol's are always worth the hunt.

Back