• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen HELP: Determinant Value Manipulation

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2020
    Hi! While I'm attempting to do a Nuzlocke with any answers to this question, the question and answer themselves have more to do with Gen 1's general game mechanics.

I'm wondering whether it's possible to manipulate the DV's of wild Pokemon somehow, either through RNG manipulation like in later generations, or through codes. I want to guarantee that I have the worst DV's possible for each Pokemon I catch.

I pretty much understand how DV's work at this point -- how not every spread, perhaps including 0/0/0/0, is not possible for every encounter rate -- but I'm trying to do the best I can to create a most difficult foundation for a Nuzlocke to then be build upon.

If anyone has any insight into this, I'd really appreciate it! (:

Back