• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hex editing Pokemon Soul Silver help.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Dec 3, 2018
Lately I have been trying to edit Pokemon Soul Silver, but all the tools that I have tried don't work. So I said to myself, "SCREW IT! I'LL EDIT IT MYSELF!" I then downloaded Crystal tile 2 and read guides on hex editing, and so far it has worked. However, none of the guides that I have found have told me how to edit some important things. The main things I need answers to are, how to edit poke marts' items, how to edit items, how to edit moves, and pokedex stats and entries.
So, could someone please tell me:
where the data for moves, marts, items, and pokedex data start,
what each byte does,
and the order each item, mart, pokedex entry, etc, are placed in, for example are moves in this order? https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves[
I would really appreciate the help, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
Years
Sorry I know only how edit marts and items, but however I'm not very fine to hack entirely items, I asked help to make ungivebale items 'caus I don't know all me too like you. ;)

Marts are defined in ARM9 file and you have to extract it with Crystal Tile 2, then when you hacked it you have to recompress it clicking to "compression" in the ARM9 file in CT2.

The mart data should be around the 0xFBA30 offset (if you are using a clean rom, if you are using the antipiracy perhaps are in the 0xFBAB8, in my italian antipiracy version is in there) and you should recognize the hex item values, that however are made byt hex values flipped, then for the poké ball you have 0400, then you can find a mart structure if you check a mart you see what sells and you search the item values in a common guide. A mart ends with two FF values and the next is another mart.

You have to remain in the marts data space without replace the next other data, but however you can edit all the marts stealing an item form another 'cause at the offset 0x10F9F0 (italian but however should be the same or near in US version) you can adjust the pointers, that are always flipped.

Items structure is in the a-0-1-7 file, the graphic in a-0-1-8 but I don't know how repoint the graphic, only that you can change the pic using TLP.

If you need to know how edit also the items in the a-0-1-7 I'll type you another reply. ;)

Back