• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Frontier help

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    So...I have these two locked, but I need a great lead.

1:???

2:
    Gyarados w/ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge
    Waterfall
    Earthquake

3: Scizor w/Leftovers
    Adamant nature
    Swords Dance
    U-turn
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch

I was thinking about using my modest Lucario, but I dont want to rely on him nor Scizor to take on STAB thunderbolts. I need somone bulky who can dish out a nice special attack that will hit anything hard that Gyarados and Scizor can't...

Any suggestions?
    thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • How about a hippodon, its earth so if you see a thunder going for gyarados you could switch. Iys sand stream is useful for scizor. I haven't used hippodon much so idk the moveset. A gastrodon could prove in gandy cause of its double resistance to fire(scizors main weakness.)
    Maybe surf/ toxic/ substude/ either protect, aqua ring, or something to increase longetivity and/or annoyance. Like protect -substitude- leftovers... Add a toxic to the apponemt and walls will crumble (alomonola, milotic, meganium etc)

Oh and sword dance and uturn arn't very good together. If you're goal is a scouter with sword dance then use baton pass instead so your sword dance doesn't go to waste

Murt93

Battle Amateur
    Years
  • Hmm not sure what generation this is but If its gen 4 I would suggest swampert but if its 5th specs/air balloon jolteon is nice Gastrodon would probably be better though as it resists scizor's weakness too
    I see scizor is holding leftovers so you probably have a bulky ev set up you could consider substitute over u-turn but it depends on your EV spread really and youve already said the other 2 are locked in so its just something you "could" do Just thought of Heatran as a lead seeing as Tbolt and most fire attacks are special he would be excellent on top of its abilty and if you predict earthquake you can switch in Gyarados for free

Just dawned on me that its for platinum sorry I wasnt paying attention :L choice banded jolly garchomp with eartquake outrage stone edge and dragon claw obviously 4/252/252 evs because its a sweeper this thing will own the battle frontier the only things faster than 169 are the lati's ninjask,alakazam jolteon aerodactyl and weavile maybe others but the only one that poses a threat is weavile and the lati's which you can easily switch scizor into bullet punch weavile should OHKO without swords dance provided it has technician and it should kill latios/latias in 2-3 shots they dont have hidden power and you wont see them until after the first 50 I know you said you wanted special attack but garchomp is the one of the best if not the best for battle tower if you want a special sweeper either of the Lati's,Zapdos or Heatran if you want a non-legendary specs Starmie move pool is epic and is extremelly fast or alakazam smaller movepool but more power

Last edited:
    Back