• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2019
    Thanks, it worked! I was actually having trouble with the patching with the laucher but wasn't sure if it had actually worked. Forgot to mention it was in hard mode, I'm experienced pokemon player and I love the challenge :) I end up instinctively EV training my pokes, building a solid, varied team and all that, but thanx for the warning

It worked! I'm glad I'll get to enjoy a couple hours of my sunday with the game now,

@edit I just read your above post that explained what hard mode actually is, so I'm aware I can get my modest HA good solosis dead

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2020
    Why aren't more people talking about this? All of the promotional material looks freaking amazing, and you can really tell this is a labor of love. I can't wait to see how it unfolds as you guys make progress.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    Thank you. It's always great to see people enjoying our work, whether it be the game itself or the promotional artwork (most of which done by my wonderful co-dev).

That being said, it's actually time for the first update announcement since making this thread. 2.4 is now available, allowing for the previously closed Jadit Ruins in Peridot Forest to be explored.

As a note, this is a new patch and not a new core. So if you're on 2.2 or higher, then you'll have to download this patch either through the launcher that comes with the core, or from the site itself (which will require you to manually update your game). You'll know you've updated properly if the load menu shows "Version 2.4" on the top left part of the screen next to the save slot number.

EDIT: Unfortunately because I'm an idiot, there's a few bugs that need fixing. So stay tuned for a hotfix which should come soon.
    EDIT(2): Hotfix 2.4.1 now out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • 2.4.1 is working great for me. Been playing for over an hour with no freezes, although I miss the speed up.

There is a Noro event just outside of town after the tournament though. Can't interact with him in any way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Spoiler:

Keileon

Pokémon Sardonyx: RtW dev
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Phantominoid: Speedup is still around, it's just Tab now.

lolxdis:
    Spoiler:

Hotfix 2.4.2 is out, fixing a few nasty bugs.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Oh, that's good to know :).

That said, I have run into 3 random encounter freeze though after updating to 2.4.2. All of them were against grimer on the floor with the hone claws tm. I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence or not.

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    That just kinda seems to happen randomly. Doesn't matter where, doesn't matter against what. We have no idea why it happens.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2018
    I just started playing and a notification pops up saying I don't have the right fonts installed. Where can I get those fonts? Thank you!

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    There's a folder in the game directory called "fonts".

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    And now for some news: 2.5 is now out, bringing phenomenon to the mix. Rustling grass, dust clouds... No rippling water yet, though. We're still figuring out stuff for that. Go ahead and update when you get the chance.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Hi, I am currently trying to get into route 3 but these trainers keep blocking it and I don't know what to do. any advice?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    ok I started a new save file and now I am having an issue where my items keep disappearing

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    The trainers on Route 3 should disappear once you complete the tournament in Emeralis.

You'll have to be more specific on the items issue.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2018
    Hi, i got the same problem. I won the tournament and the trainers are still there on route 3, sitting and saying the same things. I even created a new save file, nothing changed!
    Please help!

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    I had so many issues. I don't know why. With so many crashes, and issues. That made me want to quit at least for time being. Shame cause I like the story and pokemon so far.

Anyway when I started. I only crash rarely when start of a pokemon battle. Already stated issue...then...comes the storm.
    I was offer to tag with someone to battle, I took it. crash everytime. Until I try a patch, which might not best idea since likely already up to date. Fix that problem....then all the issue came after.
    I randomly crash for NO reasons just moving somewhere. It seem mostly when running/'bike'. Which sometimes crash within 5 step from save. I got so sick of it, so deleted the game, and try to redownload it completely.
    It sotha fix it, but then I had a big more important issue. It crashes every time I open the bag. Don't matter if I go to the bag directly, or giving a item to pokemon. It crashes everytime.

Which confuses me greatly. The game should be same no matter what, and i get different issues and glitches after that first one. Just..though if I can't even give my pokemon an held item, then maybe possible have to try a patch (again) or redownload the game. Just..it's to must. I really like what you got so far, but the glitches and crashes are to must.

Edit: oh forgot this one. on one of the death battle, the one in that forest with fire types. I had more then one pokemon, all but the pokemon I use in death battle disappear, and not even in pc. Only had issue with that one death battle, the rest seem to work fine.

Last edited:

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Regarding tournament and route 3: Make absolutely sure you're patched to the latest version-- your load screen should say Version 2.5. There's a bit of an event kerfuffle there which might be affecting it and I'll bring it up to the coder.

Whiteflare: I'll address this stuff in order.

Patching to fix the tag battle glitch was the correct thing to do. It was a known bug that was fixed in 2.4.

If you're crashing while moving on 2.5, especially if you're getting a "script is hanging" error, you're not the only one. It might be the Phenomenon that was added, since that updates based on movement, I believe.

If you're NOT on 2.5, then what's likely the case with the bag is that you were last on a bag pocket that no longer exists and the fix isn't actually in yet. If you're not on 2.5, try patching.

The deathmatch thing was fixed recently. If that happened since your last patch, patch again. As of recently, there's an option in EVO's settings menu that will restore your team if that happens again.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    Can confirm that the two trainers disappear as intended on 2.5.

And yeah, the deathmatch bug was brought up multiple times on our Discord server. Which is of course why 1. we made absolutely sure it was fixed over multiple updates between 2.2 and 2.5, and 2. added the feature properly restore teams after deathmatches to EVO in 2.4.

And as a reminder to everyone downloading/playing this game, the core download only goes as far as 2.2. You will need to patch your game in order to be fully updated. You can either do it by downloading the patch from the site and manually replacing the necessary files, or via the launcher provided with the 2.2 core.

EDIT: ... Oof.... Okay, so I was sorta right... Unfortunately for whatever reason, one of these event pages was set to action button trigger when it should have been parallel process... What are the odds...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Downloaded this game the other night, and I'm really loving it so far. I did come across a possible bug that I don't believe was already mentioned? Unless it was intentional, of course.

But my Pidgey's ability changed when it evolved from Piscivore to Keen Eye. Like I said, not sure if it's intentional, or if there's a way to fix it even if it's a bug, but just wanted to bring it up. Either way, really enjoying it so far!

Back