• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon Information Databases [Want Help]

Charizard203

Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2019
    Well, I basically don't know where to put this because this isn't supposed to be limited to game development. Though it's a mainly a matter of resource development.
    The idea is to collect all of the information of Pokemon in one area/zip file. I want to use this to create a Pokemon Type Coverage Generator (basically the Team Magma one but with a better way of showing Offensive Type Coverage as well as Inverse Battles but it's downloadable). However, other people can also use this for other projects they wish to do.

So, what we need to do is this:
    • Images - 721/721 (Both in .png and .tif) [Complete]
    • Pokemon Database - 818/818 [Complete]
    • Moves Database - 621/621 [Complete]
    • Abilities Database - 732/732 [Complete]
    • Types (Effectiveness) - 18/18 [Complete]
    • Learnsets - 79/732
    • Abilities.lua - 0/192 [Unneeded]
    • Moves.lua - 0/621 [Unneeded]

Images - Complete

I've managed to gather up the images of all the Pokemon and convert them into .tif files. (Thanks to pikaparaiso.)
    I've converted them to .png (transparent) and .tif (white) as well. These are available in the Attachments.

Pokemon Database - Complete

This a complete database on the Dex Number, Names, Abilities, Base Stats and Types on different Pokemon. This is put in Sql, it was completed quickly by copying and pasting the information on Bulbapedia's Tables along with a few tweaks done in Excel copied into Sqlite.

Moves Database - Complete

This is also complete done using the same method as the Pokemon Database. This contains Power, Accuracy, Type, Category, and PP.

Abilities Database - Complete

Same Method as the above 2. Contains only the Name and Description of the Ability, any other information would be difficult to put in a Database.

Types (Effectiveness) - Complete

A folder of 18 Text Files that contain the Effectiveness of each type against others (Defensive and Offensive). Typed up in a way where a program could easily determine which category is which.

Learnsets - 79/732

This might need to be restarted, because I did not include the Level or Way it is Learned. I had though put it in a system where Text Files can be referenced for the Program itself to gather up the complete list of moves without wasting more text space. I've done all Pokemon up to 73 (Tentacruel) as well as their corresponding Johto Evolutions. It'd be nice if people can help gather up the rest along with me.

As such, I'd like to propose a system where we each do a number of Pokemon. Around a number of Pokemon each (it's extremely simple, just more copy + paste with tweaking, 100-150 is a good amount to do).

Who's Doing What?
    Charizard203 - Pokemon up to 151 with Evolutions

How to do it
    Spoiler:

Abilities.lua
    Though I do no need this at all, it may be useful for the resources in general to have a pretty much programming of the abilities. If anyone wishes to manage this at all, feel free to.

Moves.lua
    Same as the above Abilities.lua, if someone wishes to manage this part at all, feel free to. This is programming the effects of the moves. It might be helpful for others.

Attachments

• Resource.rar
      1.1 MB · Views: 37
    • ORAS png Sprites.rar
      1.1 MB · Views: 28
    Years
  • Honestly, in order to "program the effects of abilities" you need the entire battle framework already. Some abilities activate when a move is used, some activate when the Pokemon take damage, some are passive abilities that just affect how much damage they take from certain moves, some activate at the start of a turn, etc.

In which case all you've really done is recreated Pokemon Showdown: a battle simulator outside of the games themselves.

Back