• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon Emerald Rom Base Help

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Hi everybody! I'm a long time lurker and aspiring rom hacker. I've been really considering using Pokemon Emerald for a hack, and would love to utilize a rom base to help me get started on it.

I've seen bases such as [EM] Dizzy's Hacked Engine and [EM] Battle Engine Upgrade, however both require usage of devkitpro, and python, and etc to successfully install. I've tried to take a good crack at using both, however the download links to devkitpro are different than they were at the time of the posts made which make finding the right version (specifically devkitpro r45) rather difficult. In short, I'm a big newbie and have trouble getting the currently findable Emerald Rom bases to successfully work.

Would there be any rom bases in the form of a patch that could provide a great starting ground for an Emerald rom hack? Or alternatively, is there any up-to-date and in-depth guides on getting either of the aforementioned rom hacks to work properly?

Back