• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ultra Sun] Pokémon Double USUM RELEASE - Alpha 1, Melemele Island COMPLETE

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Pokémon Double USUM RELEASE - Alpha 1, Melemele Island COMPLETE

Pokémon Double Ultra Sun
    and
    Pokémon Double Ultra Moon
    All battles in USUM, converted to double battles, with a steeper, challenging level curve.

Current features:
    - Doubled up all the way to Hala, Melemele Island is (provisionally) complete! 52 reworked encounters total so far.
    - Trial has been updated including the totem Pokémon.
    - Extra Pokémon added into the encounter tables for all of (accessible) Melemele Island. (info in the EncounterTables.txt file)
    - Pokémarts stock more useful, doubles-centric items.

Upcoming features:
    - The rest of the trainers in the game, doubled up.
    - Encounter every single Pokémon eventually, in one place or another.
    - Text edits to make small inconsistencies go away.

IMPORTANT: As SOON as you get Pokéballs, catch at least one Pokémon. The game will crash immediately if you enter a trainer battle with only one Pokémon present.

SCREENSHOTS ALBUM:
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:
    Double Ultra Sun
    Double Ultra Moon

Put the contents of the folder that tells you to onto the root of your 3DS' SD card, and with LayeredFS patching enabled, this can be used with a retail copy of US/UM!
    If using an emulator, dump your cartridge, extract its contents (I recommend .Net 3DS Toolkit), replace the files in the RomFS folder with the ones in my download, then recompile the game and run with Citra.

If you don't want the wild encounters changed, simply remove the file in /romfs/a/0/8/ called "2".

FEEDBACK WANTED ON:
    - The difficulty curve! Please test this and give me your thoughts. I missed the mark a bit by the sounds of it with Double Emerald, I'd like to get lots more feedback this time round.
    - The Pokémon placements in the overworld
    - The inconsistencies of small things like... Hau uses a second-stage evolved starter despite having the base stage one on the overworld at one point. Does this bother you or is it fine?

Known bugs:
    Spoiler:

Changelist

Thanks to Kaphotics for pk3DS, which is the lifeblood of this hack. Couldn't have done it without the tool whatsoever.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I hope Pokemon and move changes (Drayano/Photonic Sun-style) will be added in the future. Being able to actually use Pokemon like Masquerain makes the game much more fun.

Back