• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Double Battles for trainers don't work

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Alright so I'm pretty annoyed because i just simply cant get double battles for trainers to work. I even copied the double battle trainer in route 3 and it doesn't even work, its just a regular old single battle. I have a section of my game where you team up with someone and then if you go in a wild battle then 2 pokemon appear instead of one. But if you battle a trainer its just a single battle. Heres my trainer script:
Spoiler:

Edit: I just tested the double trainer battle in an unedited version of pokemon essentials, it works there but not in my game. I have elite battle system 4 as well as gen 6 and 7 pokes but I have no idea if that has anything to do with it.

Edit 2: Ok i fixed it, i just pokebattle_battle from the unedited pokemon essentials and now it works fine :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 4, 2019
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 6 (coords 20,60), map 33 (Dawn Town):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: EBS Battle Script:138:in `pbStartBattleCore'Opponent trainer must be only one person in single battles

***Full script:

pbDoubleTrainerBattle(:LASS,"Sally",1,_I("PiePie nooooo!!!"),:BEAUTY,"Lilly",2,_I("How could my Stingie lose...!!!!"),true)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokeBattle_Battle:2340:in `pbStartBattle'

PField_Battles:373:in `pbDoubleTrainerBattle'

PField_Battles:372:in `pbSceneStandby'

PField_Battles:374:in `pbDoubleTrainerBattle'

PField_Battles:371:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PField_Battles:371:in `pbDoubleTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:163:in `update'

Scene_Map:161:in `loop'

Scene_Map:170:in `update'

Scene_Map:234:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
What am i doing wrong?

Back