• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plz rate my stall team. :D

Slugger57

Noble 6
Years
  • This is my first attempt at a stall team, but I've spent a lot of time on it and I think it's coming along very nicely. ANY ideas are welcome. Even if it means changing up the team a LOT. I'm willing to do anything to make this team better.

A quick look at the team.

Type of team: Stall team.

Pokemon:
    Forretress
    Ferrothorn
    Jellicent
    Gliscor
    Chansy
    Undecided

Possible options:
    Hitmontop
    A Rotom form
    Snorlax
    Quagsire
    Gyarados

Forretress @Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Def.
    -Stealth rock
    -Toxic spikes
    -Rapid spin
    -Payback

Forretress is my only pokemon who can set up entry-hazards besides ferrothorn, and is my ONLY pokemon on the team right now that can rapid spin the foes entry-hazards. So this makes forretress very important to my team. Payback is to handle spinblockers like gengar, and actually does a lot of damage to pokemon it hits supper-effectively.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Ability: Iron barbs
    EVs: 248 HP/ 100 Def./ 100 Sp.Def/ 60 Atk.
    -Leech seed
    -Power whip
    -Spikes
    -Protect

As mentioned above, ferrothorn is my 2nd entry hazarder.He also has the leftovers and leech seed plus protect for recovory. Leech seed plus protect eats pokemon alive when I have T-Spikes set up. Power whip is so he isn't complete taunt bait and it actually inflitcts decent damage.

Cansey @Eviolite
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Natrual cure
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Sp.Def
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Toxic/Shadow ball/ Flamethrower
    -Heal bell

Chansey is my supporting pokemon.With wish and heal bell, it can heal the status problems of my other pokemon and itself and then can pass a HUGE amount of HP to another pokemon or heal itself. With the eviloite and EV spread chansey becomes a fantastic mixed wall! Toxic is to poisen those flying types that avoid T-spikes or in case I can't get T-spikes up. Shadow ball is an option for dealing with the Rotoms with Hydro pump and Overheat who threaten my team. Toxic could take care of those rotoms too, but if they have substitute it won't affect them. Flamethrower is in case chansey comes up against something like a foe ferrothorn who otherwise wouldn't be affected by toxic and would laugh at shadow ball.

Jellicent @Leftovers
    Nature:Bold
    Ability: Cursed body/Water absorb
    EVs: 244 HP/ 100 Def./ 48 Sp.Atk/ 116 Sp.Def
    -Surf
    -Shadow ball
    -Will-O-wisp
    -Recovor

Jellicent works very well with forretress and ferrothorn by covering their fire weakness and protecting their entry hazards. Surf and Shadow ball for STAB and they get good coverage. Will-O-Wisp is for those Pokemon with lots of Atk that could hurt jellicent with its low defense. Recover is to help keep jellicent alive and after it will-o-wisps a foe physical attacker it won't take much damage from their attacks and will be able to heal. Cursed body is pretty helpful sometimes and since it can disable a foes move 30% of the time, and water absorb is so Jellicent can swich in on water type attacks that could threaten gliscor. I can't decide which ability to go with but I'm leaning towards cursed body. Cursed body can also shut down pokemon with choice bands.

Gliscor @Toxic orb
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Poisen heal
    EVs: 244 HP/ 48 Def./ 146 Sp.Def/ 72 Spd.
    -EQ
    -Ice fang/Facade
    -Swords dance
    -Protect

I'll have to finish the rest later

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    you should put a Jellicent in your team because it would reduce your fire weakness and it means that your entry hazards can't be rapid spun away due to it's Ghost typing :)

Slugger57

Noble 6
    Years
  • you should put a Jellicent in your team because it would reduce your fire weakness and it means that your entry hazards can't be rapid spun away due to it's Ghost typing :)

I actually already had jellicent on the team, but just hadn't wrote it up yet.
    But thx for the advice! That reasures me that jellicent is a good member for my team.

Years
  • Hi Slugger.

Forretress @Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Def.
    -Stealth rock
    -Toxic spikes
    -Rapid spin
    -Volt Switch

Forretress needs Volt Switch in order to escape being trapped by Magnezone, or to dent threats it hates, such as Gyarados and Jellicent.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Iron barbs
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SpDef
    -Leech seed
    -Power whip
    -Spikes
    -Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn needs Gyro Ball to hit things like Haxorus, hard. The EV Spread is also helpful because it allows Ferrothorn to be defensively balanced, although Physically Defensive Ferro could work on this team, as well, if you'd rather use Phys Def Ferrothorn, then just run 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef Relaxed.

You definitely need Toxic on Chansey, so you can kill things like Zapdos, Rotom, and Latias, who have access to Recovery. While Wish passing is nice, you may want to consider running Softboiled/Toxic/Flamethrower/Heal Bell, so Chansey doesn't lose to Special Sweepers with Recovery, as well as things like Gengar.

Jellicent @Leftovers
    Nature:Bold
    Ability: Water absorb
    EVs: evs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Will-O-wisp
    -Recover

Normally, I'd reccomend a faster Jellicent with Taunt, but it seems like you have a pretty huge Gliscor weakness here, so Ice Beam is probably going to be essential for you to find Victory. Scald is there for the additional chance of burn, which can be quite helpful, especially considering Will O Wisp's poor accuracy.

Gliscor @Toxic orb
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Poisen heal
    EVs: 244 HP/200 Def/64 Speed
    -EQ
    -Ice fang
    -Taunt
    -Protect

Gliscor isn't walling much, if anything with 48 Defense EVs, it really needs to be a dedicated Physical Wall to be effective. Ice Fang is needed to kill Dragons and opposing Gliscor, Taunt is for annoying things like Forretress, Ferrothorn, etc, that, without non damaging moves, can't do much to you/set up on you, allowing you to beat them

Years
  • Check out this Dragonite set:

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SDef
    -Substitute
    -Thunder Wave
    -Dragon Tail
    -Roost

I think this Dragonite could be very useful for your team. Once your hazards are up, Dragonite can rack up tons of residual damage using Dragon Tail. The defensively oriented IV spread maximizes its bulkiness, and Multiscale doubles its defenses when at full health. Roost is recover HP and get Multiscale back up. Dragonite can also spread paralysis for Pokemon not affected by Toxic Spikes, and can be used as a phazer if the need arises.

You already have a couple good partners for this Dragonite. Ferrothorn and Forretress set up the hazards that make this set so dangerous. Forretress can also spin away any hazards your opponent sets up, which will help keep Multiscale up as much as possible. Chansey also can heal any status problems affecting Dragonite,which is also important because a burn or poison will permanently break Multiscale.

Basically, if you can get your hazards up and keep it status-free, this Dragonite will be a huge problem for your opponents. Definitely consider it. Good luck with your team!

Back