• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARK: Survival Evolved

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
  • I bought this over a year ago on the Xbox store and played for a bit but sort of forgot I had it. I rediscovered it recently and have been hooked for the last 2 months. Does anyone else here play? What are your thoughts? Will they ever release it in full or will it forever be a pre-release game that they just keep updating every month?

Yukari

I was interested until I realize it was an early access game with DLC.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I really loved the concept, and one of our old regulars here highly recommended it at the time (maybe like 2 years ago?), but the Steam reviews that have been coming in since have been pretty negative/mixed; I see the same issues over and over - lots of complaints about performance, and apparently PvP is just awful, with larger/dominant tribes ruling everything and killing everyone else, which doesn't sound like fun.

I've seen these complaints for months now - I check up on it every time it goes on sale but it doesn't seem like the devs are doing much about these problems. I'll still keep an eye on it because like I said, the concept of taming dinos in a survival game is really cool and all, but until they start improving the game and fixing what's broken instead of just adding in new stuff, I probably won't be buying it.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • The developers recently announced that the full game will be released in August. Interested to see if there are any major changes released with it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    I found the gameplay really solid and fun, but I'm not sure about the longevity. I'm starting to get a little bored after 4 months playing, so we'll see

Back