• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Ideas for another Pokemon game hack--what's the fastest way to get started on this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    Game Concept:

I actually kind of like Pokemon Creepy Pastas, and I also like the games that focus on the story from the perspective of someone else besides the main characters--for instance, from Team Rocket's perspective or the perspective of side characters.

Story Summary:

You wake up in your house, but instead of going downstairs, you go upstairs, upon talking to the NPC, it's revealed that you are not in your house but instead the basement of Lavender Tower. There's a Pokemon in the corner that is revealed to be a Haunter that is someone capable of communicating with you. It follows you around and is added to your party after you give it permission to join you.

[I think there are pretty straight-forward tutorials for this, so I won't ask much about it]

Instead of going to Professor Oak's lab, you re-enter Lavender Tower to trigger another event.

The NPC tells you that it isn't safe here because of all of the wild ghost Pokemon and the event that takes you to get your starter happens.

Instead of receiving a starter Pokemon, you are attacked by a very strong channeler and are forced to fight with the one Pokemon in your party.

If you win, the NPC person tells you that that was close and that it isn't safe here. An animation plays of her taking a Mew out of a Pokeball and having it teleport you to Viridian Forest.

If you black out, you start over in the same room you started in at the beginning of the game. You go upstairs to trigger the battle sequence again.
    In your "room" you can encounter and battle with an array of different Pokemon to try to strengthen your own Pokemon.

Alternative, you receive Mew as your starter and the battle sequence plays as usual. If you win, the NPC triggers an event that teleports you away.

[I would definitely like to know what complicated scripts I need to pull this off, the teleportation event especially]

Once in Viridian Forest, the game plays as usual, except the Pokemon events act like the events in Lavender Tower when the player does not have a Silph Scope. There are some NPC's that say some interesting things to move the story along, including the old woman getting into an argument with one of her psychic Pokemon, but nothing too complicated in the programming, I guess.

The player must make his / her way back to Pallet Town to meet with Professor Oak.

Once you meet with Professor Oak, he tells you that he doesn't have any more starter Pokemon, but he does give you a Silph Scope and some Poke Balls. The mission you're given is also a bit different. Instead of trying to fill up your Pokedex, you are to find out what, or who, is killing the Pokemon.

NPC's warning about the end of the world.

Gary's house:
    TV that tells you to beware of catching ghost Pokemon
    Outside, ghost Pokemon that tells you to beware of catching the Pokemon "ghost" and to release it if it randomly generates itself into your party. It informs you that it's okay to catch ghost Pokemon just not the Pokemon that calls itself "ghost." It then asks to join your party because it claims that it's interested in solving the mystery, too.

[So many questions. First of all, how do I make a Pokemon instantly generate itself into someone's party, and how can I make using the Pokemon "ghost" have bad side effects for the player without glitching out the whole game?]

Talking Meowth
    I wanted to include an event where Team Rocket's Meowth temporarily joins your party and can translate the speech of other Pokemon.
    [Can you create NPC events based on what Pokemon you have in your party?]

Also, how do you make where a menu pops up and you have to select the item or Pokemon you are handing over? I wanted to make some quests where you deliver Pokemon to the main characters in the anime.

Pokemon Battles:
    Is there a way to make it so that even if the player loses, the story progresses? I wanted an event where Ash thinks the player stole his Pikachu so challenges him / her to an un-winnable Pokemon battle.

I also wanted to include sprites that look like the anime characters--does anyone know where I could find those?

AND of course, I want the Lavender Town theme to play throughout the game. Rain and fog would be nice, too.

Any ideas on how to add these modifications, or should I just leave them out and try to make the hack without them?

Also, since this game is based on a host of creepy pastas but also the anime, is there a way to create custom Pokemon for the characters that appear in the stories--like Buried Alive?

Last edited:
    Back