• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Pokemon Soulsilver Hardcore Wedlocke

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Introduction

Hi, this is yogo here and I am completely hyped about this one.
    So, the challenge is Wedlocke and here are the basic rules:-

1. When in battle, you may only switch between Pokémon that make up the same pair. The same goes when you use moves such as U-Turn or Baton Pass.
    2. When it's the opponent that forces a switch through Roar or similar, you can continue the battle with the new pair.
    3. The switching rule also applies when a Pokémon faints. If one of the two Pokémon in a pair faints, you have to send in the other one and never switch. Only when both Pokémon in a pair are fainted, you may switch to another pair.
    4. If a Pokemon that is supposed to be paired with a Pokemon is knocked out before being captured, the caught Pokemon that was supposed to be paired with the fainted Pokemon is also considered dead. eg. If I KO my first encounter that meets all the criteria of being paired with my starter, then my starter is also dead and its a reset.
    5. All standard Hardcore Nuzlocke rules apply here. (If a Pokemon who is paired with another dies, then this same Pokemon is also considered dead).

So, what are pairs exactly?

Two Pokemons are considered paired if they are opposite in gender .i.e. male + female, and opposite in caught level .i.e. odd caught level + even caught level.

That's for the rules, lets start our adventure then.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Entry 1

I choose Totodile as my starter since it is pretty much expendable, being probably paired with an early route normal type. Sure enough, I catch a Sentret to pair with my Totodile, On Route 30, I catch a Weedle but I OHKO'd its future pair, a Geodude on Route 46 so I had to release it right away. The same thing happened in Route 31 where I caught a Pidgey but OHKO'd its future pair Zubat in Dark Cave. Fortunately, I get a Rattata and Mareep pair from Sprout Tower and Route 32 respectively.

The Sprout Tower was handled easily but my 2 nomral types and Falkner was a Thunder-shock sweep with Mareep.

The Team:-
    Totodile- Lvl 13
    Rattata- Lvl 13
    Sentret- Lvl 10
    Mareep- Lvl 13

Gym Leaders defeated:-
    Falkner

Baloshi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    ppreciate you sharing this useful information. Your website is excellent. The amount of knowledge on your website is astounding

Back