• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] LucarioBread's Steel-only FireRed Nuzlocke attempts

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I have never done any Nuzlockes of this kind, so I decided to give it a shot with my favorite type! I'll note down my attempts on this thread, both to keep record and also to provide advice and strategies for future challengers. Aside from basic Nuzlocke rules, here are the ones I'm playing with:

EXTRA RULES:
    1. Items can't be used 2 turns in a row.
    2. None of the team members can overlevel the next gym leader's highest level Pokemon by more than 2 levels.
    3. Party cannot be changed - the only time adding a Pokemon from the box is allowed is to replace a dead team member.
    4. Last digit on the Trainer ID determines your rival's starter Pokemon (1,2,3 - Bulbasaur; 4,5,6 - Charmander; 7,8,9 - Squirtle; 0 - your choice)
    5. Only Steel-type Pokemon can be used in battle (duh)
    6. A Pokemon is added to the party only after beating a gym (see Pokemon generation section for more details) or after receiving a gift Pokemon (excluding game corner Pokemon)
    7. There is no duplicates clause.
    8. HM Slaves are allowed if none of the Pokemon on the party can learn an HM needed to progress.
    9. Due to FR/LG shenanigans, no Pokemon outside Kanto dex can evolve, therefore Magnemite isn't allowed to evolve either. Ignore this rule if you're playing on a different game.

Pokemon Generation:
    When you need to add a Pokemon to the party, use a random generator to decide which Pokemon you'll get. It can be anything, from Magnemite to Metagross. Then, go to a nearby patch of grass and catch the first Pokemon you find there. Using a save editing tool (PkHex in my case), transform the caught Pokemon into the generated Pokemon while keeping its level, gender, nature and IVs. Adjust its moveset to be what it would naturally know at that level. Gift Pokemon need to be edited immediately upon receiving them. When picking a starter, choose the one that will give your rival the correct starter based on ID and transform it into a Steel type before the first rival battle. This is also the only time you can re-roll your generated Pokemon if the Pokemon is either:

1) Beldum - I don't believe it is capable of defeating Brock without bankrupting yourself to afford enough Potions. And even if you push through, you might get a second Beldum, at which point beating Misty is impossible. Metang also starts only with Take Down, but has much better stats and is able to learn TMs in order to combat the lack of good moves.
    2) Registeel - its only move on level 5 is Explosion: you lose the challenge on turn 1.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Attempt #1
    Starter: Aron
    Rival's starter: Bulbasaur
    Badges: 2
    Deaths: 3
    Challenge status: <FAILED>

Detailed report:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Attempt #2
    Starter: Scizor
    Rival's starter: Bulbasaur
    Badges: 2
    Deaths: 0
    Challenge status: <ONGOING>

Detailed report so far:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • 9. Due to FR/LG shenanigans, no Pokemon outside Kanto dex can evolve, therefore Magnemite isn't allowed to evolve either. Ignore this rule if you're playing on a different game.

Wha what? It can't evolve into Magneton? That's a gen 1 dex Pokémon!

Back