• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crystal Sun

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
  • Ok I've fixed all errors I could without scripting. The playerbase isn't an error I want it cut off like that. But the bugcatcher error after battle i've noticed but I havent got around to fix it in the script yet. I will. Also I'm uploading a fixed version now thanks so much route for pointing out them errors...

Also whats your opinion on the mapping, is it good does it need improvement?

EDIT: New demo uploded to both sites, all errors route pointed out are fixed, aside from the trainer be off after battle...

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Bugs:
    On title it doesn't fit the screen
    Marills arm in the intro is cut off
    You can walk on your window in your house
    I can walk on bushes in Leppo Town
    The outdoor tileset in Leppo Town...the buildings were not resized....
    Someone says 'U must be <name>' in the lab
    After talking to an invisible man, the player wanders in circles and randomly appears in a field
    Two moms in the House when I go to speak to her O_O
    Mom number two breaks the fourth wall and also says 'You are your pokemon look tired'
    The person who wants to trade me a GROWLITHE... is buck from D/P who was a story character
    I can't use the PC but I can walk on it
    No upstairs to the pokémon center

Notes:
    I like the naming screen, is it an original script?
    You need a fourth gen dialog box
    The house map is titled Your House 2F, you should rename it to the towns name(I Thought this was done automatically when saving...)
    Chimchar looks badly resized...
    Smoke from the house looks cool
    Why does colored text randomly start with the rocket grunts....
    Pokémon center lady doesn't move to heal my pokémon
    Haven't I seen the route above Hirva in D/P O_o

Should be changed:
    Dialog with wii should not say 'a bad joke' it's a fangame pretend your nintendo, and remain serious
    Mom says 'herd'...does she have sheep?
    Town Names
    Empty House in Leppo town
    Professors sign doesn't say anything
    Grammar

I can't be bothered to play anymore, needs a lot of work, but it shows...erm... promise?

KingCharizard

Years
  • Bugs:
    On title it doesn't fit the screen
    Marills arm in the intro is cut off
    You can walk on your window in your house
    I can walk on bushes in Leppo Town
    The outdoor tileset in Leppo Town...the buildings were not resized....
    After talking to an invisible man, the player wanders in circles and randomly appears in a field
    Two moms in the House when I go to speak to her O_O
    Mom number two breaks the fourth wall and also says 'You are your pokemon look tired'
    The person who wants to trade me a GROWLITHE... is buck from D/P who was a story character
    I can't use the PC but I can walk on it
    No upstairs to the pokémon center

Notes:
    I like the naming screen, is it an original script?
    You need a fourth gen dialog box
    The house map is titled Your House 2F, you should rename it to the towns name(I Thought this was done automatically when saving...)
    Chimchar looks badly resized...
    Smoke from the house looks cool
    Why does colored text randomly start with the rocket grunts....
    Pokémon center lady doesn't move to heal my pokémon
    Haven't I seen the route above Hirva in D/P O_o

Should be changed:
    Dialog with wii should not say 'a bad joke' it's a fangame pretend your nintendo, and remain serious
    Mom says 'herd'...does she have sheep?
    Town Names
    Empty House in Leppo town
    Professors sign doesn't say anything
    Grammar

I can't be bothered to play anymore, needs a lot of work, but it shows...erm... promise?

Most of the bugs you've mentioned, or brought up have been fixed... The intro & title do need work but are not my top priority. Chimchar is the same as before. The invisable guy I have no clue what you could be talking about. I never played d/p fully, I didnt really like them. I did run through diamond quickly however but if any map looks the same its just happened...
    Yeah oak does, not sure I see the problem with this.

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Most of the bugs you've mentioned, or brought up have been fixed... The intro & title do need work but are not my top priority. Chimchar is the same as before. The invisable guy I have no clue what you could be talking about. I never played d/p fully, I didnt really like them. I did run through diamond quickly however but if any map looks the same its just happened...

I was trying it myself, and no graphic shows up for the Professer/New Neighbor when he bumps into me in his lab

KingCharizard

Years
  • I was trying it myself, and no graphic shows up for the Professer/New Neighbor when he bumps into me in his lab

I found out why, sorry. That completely ruined my new beginning... please forgive meI'm fixing it now and i'll reupload a new demo shortly...

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I found out why, sorry. That completely ruined my new beginning... please forgive meI'm fixing it now and i'll reupload a new demo shortly...

And another bug I just came across, after you get your Pokemon, if you return to the lab right afterwards it replays the scene with the professor, then transports you out to where you got your first Pokemon, though not anything after that.

KingCharizard

Years
  • And another bug I just came across, after you get your Pokemon, if you return to the lab right afterwards it replays the scene with the professor, then transports you out to where you got your first Pokemon, though not anything after that.

None of this will happen when I fix the download in a second... its uploading. Also aside from the events in the lab messing up a few bugs poeman reported were fixed. Also if you downloaded the last demo, this is nothing like the last demo new story new intro new everything... so try it and give me your thoughts.

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Waiting for the fixed demo now.I wanna see this since you told me about it in the other thread.

KingCharizard

Years
  • Ok People here is the new download

Download - Megaupload .com(16.69mb) .zip
    Download - Filefront.com(16.69mb) .rar

The reason for the bug was I fixed a bug reported by route, and there was an event that I didnt delete. So when I set up certain switches to fix the previous bug, the old event was activated... Sorry guys that made my game look bad... Its not.

Last edited:

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
    Years
  • I really like your concept and ingame footage :)
    To bad that I won't have time to try your demo :(
    Good luck with PCS.
    I will be checking this thread more often :)

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • KingCharizard, while I must commend you for actually releasing demos (something that doesn't happen too often around here) I suggest you alpha test things yourself before releasing them to the public.

While we can certainly help with finding the bugs in your demo, its not a good idea to possibly tarnish people's first impressions of the game by releasing really buggy demos. Also, I think your main priority is to work on your dialog writing skills. Its not just about spelling everything right; its about writing interesting, succinct, professional text that helps immerse you into the game. I said this before, but I'll say it again; at the moment the in-game dialog just screams 'amateur', even childish. I'm positive you're very capable of writing dialog at a level equivalent to your age - its just a matter of taking your time.

Your progress is very promising. Keep it up man ;) .

KingCharizard

Years
  • KingCharizard, while I must commend you for actually releasing demos (something that doesn't happen too often around here) I suggest you alpha test things yourself before releasing them to the public.

While we can certainly help with finding the bugs in your demo, its not a good idea to possibly tarnish people's first impressions of the game by releasing really buggy demos. Also, I think your main priority is to work on your dialog writing skills. Its not just about spelling everything right; its about writing interesting, succinct, professional text that helps immerse you into the game. I said this before, but I'll say it again; at the moment the in-game dialog just screams 'amateur', even childish. I'm positive you're very capable of writing dialog at a level equivalent to your age - its just a matter of taking your time.

Your progress is very promising. Keep it up man ;) .

Thanks for being honest... I Have been going over everyline of text lately. Also I have been fixing all bugs for a final demo release.

EDIT: I know I said I wouldn't do this, but the first post has sort of a story or an intro. A little info on the game.

Also do you guys think as this as oak's lab instead of the other buidling?
    slabd.png

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    It's still small compared to the player...
    This may just be me though @_@

KingCharizard

Years
  • UPDATE!

Well here is a quick update, I wasn't gonna show these untill later but I changed my mind figured I can get some feedback. Well here is a few custom sprites for my Gym Leaders, Saved as Jpeg to prevent theft.​

gl01.jpg

Bug Or Flying type!​

gl02.jpg

Dragon or Fighting type!​

gl03.jpg

Water type, well there u go let me know what u think...
    NOTE: I did not create these...

Also here is my newest text box... Which do you like better?
    capture004.png

or This

capture006s.png

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    The second is more readable
    The issue with saying 'U' is that it is not a word, we are on the internet, not on phones, you are creating a game, not a new language, furthermore it makes your game seem completely unprofessional, while professionalism may be your goal it also makes the rest of the community seem unprofessional by setting an example of yourself saying that your game is good in other threads when grammar is above you.

So yes, saying 'U' is an issue.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I prefer the second one. You can read it much easier.

KingCharizard

Years
  • I know "u" is horrible grammar usage... I do apoligize, however I dont plan to realese a game with such grammar...

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Then why did you say you didnt see a problem with it @_@

Back