• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed Re:Done[QoH Hack]

Hevelion

Tired and Bitter
Years
  • Hello, everyone. My name is Hevelion, but feel free to call me Han if you'd like!
    I've been lurking around the rom-hacking community for about two years now, and after playing several wonderful romhacks such as Nameless FireRed, Theta Emerald and Gaia, I've had this incredible want to create my own hack. However, I am faced with a common occurrence that I've seen around the launchpad: I want to create a hack, but to be frank, I haven't the slightest clue how much effort actually goes into a hack, and my experience with the software needed is pretty limited.

So how do I plan to make a hack, if I don't have the experience or team needed to make one that defines itself with it's own original story, region, and cast of characters?

I decided to meet my goal and my skills halfway, in the idea that I want to create a quality of life hack first! As I'm sure you know, that means I want to create a hack of FireRed, that while it doesn't change anything particular in the story, it polishes the game itself with features new and update, updated sprites, the whole shabang! Currently, I have a few features that I've brainstormed over the last couple of days, and they are as followed:

• 151/386? FireRed is Third Gen
    • Patch with 386 version?
    • Moves/Abilities/Typings updated to 7th gen(Fairy Type)
    • Hidden Abilities
    • Updated graphics(Tilesets, icons, etc.)
    • Trade Evolutions use items instead?
    • Trade evos without items evolve at level 42 - 50?
    • Difficulty curves
    • Gym leaders have six pokemon
    • Nobody will be spamming ?Growl? anymore
    • Competitive movesets
    • Quality of life move changes
    • Entei learns Earthquake god****it
    • Music Updates
    • Headbutt/Honey trees
    • Hidden Grottos?
    • Chances to get Johto and Hoenn starters?
    • Gen V repel mechanics
    • Poison leaves pokemon at 1 HP
    • Type adjustments(Surperior becoming Grass/Dragon, Ledian becoming Bug/Fighting)

I'm sure I'll have more features to implement as I move along, but I'd love for the community to contribute with ideas! Also, if you have programs or scripts to suggest to me to make things a little easier on me through the whole process, please don't hesitate to come forward and suggest them. Heck, if you want to help, I'd be more than glad to create to a small team. But for now, these are the ideas I have in my head as I gather the tools to begin to create it. It's nothing groundbreaking or unique; it doesn't have 8000000 pokemon in one region, or 98 different regions, but I hope to recreate firered in a way that it can be played and enjoyed by both newer generations and those who play firered with nostalgia from the very first game, the one that started it all!

Thanks for reading; I'll update this post as I make little additions and implementations, and then finally, I hope to make the hack a full work in progress.

Last edited:
    Back