• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Wont save

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    ya, go for the emulator...i suggest the vba, i havnt had any problems with it...but its entirely up to you.....

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Emulators are great and I never knew about that 6 year thing at all. Thats why my Crystal stopped playing. It would of made sense to make the battery longer than 6 years. And I hope they make a remake for these games

:t354:TG

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • It would of made sense to make the battery longer than 6 years.

I don't know about that. It makes sense on a certain level in that Nintendo had the foresight to know that eventually, the GBC would be just as obsolete as the original Gameboy, so people would tend to be more interested in the newer consoles and games that came out every few years, before the games played on the dying console blink out due to age.

Also, yes, emulators are fine for GBC games. For newer games, you may run into problems, like fog-filled areas in Ruby/Sapphire being nearly impossible to navigate through if you don't know the layout already or DS ROMs simply not saving. Depends on the ROM, I suppose.

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    but you can just change the internal battry,so do not worry

pokefan2007:t149:

Years
  • Such a disappointing flaw to an otherwise great set of games.

Interesting that Red/Blue/Yellow never went through the same problem... at least not on my end. I don't know if any recorded cases for those have happened like with Gold/Silver/Crystal.

I've bought the battery for my Crystal version... but still haven't gotten around to putting it in. It's easier said then done.

DarkLugiaMaster Gir

TMNT Fanboy
    Years
  • This is happening with my blue.And the battery is fine i mean it still worked after 6 ithink about 8.That's when i heard of Missingno. and 'M,showed my friend,he catches them on my game,now eternal battery save memory busted,it only works if i save every 2 minute and don't get any badges,and now the slightest bump will freeze it.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • This is happening with my blue.And the battery is fine i mean it still worked after 6 ithink about 8.That's when i heard of Missingno. and 'M,showed my friend,he catches them on my game,now eternal battery save memory busted,it only works if i save every 2 minute and don't get any badges,and now the slightest bump will freeze it.

Actually, that might be because you screwed around with Missingno. A drain on the internal battery doesn't cause the game to freeze, and Missingno has been known to mess with save files on some occasions.

But if it's a new game, it might also be something else with the cartridge itself. As in, you may have actually abused it too much (because, as I've said before, the game shouldn't freeze if your internal battery is messed up).

DarkLugiaMaster Gir

TMNT Fanboy
    Years
  • Oh,i not saying the memory thing is causing it to freeze.All is it's seriosly messed up,than an normal gltch,or battery would occur.And it murdered a metapod when it froze(it got cut up like100 times).And the thing with it being plugged in is known to work,in an old forum some one showed it working when it's plugged it for 100 hours on a new game(even if you save it gives you back your old memory).Just don't shut it off.And if it was to happen on RSE,theres a 100000 to one chance of finding Celebi on a certain route(just a legend but weird since he's the pokemon of time),it was either the memory or time function.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I've heard fakes have batteries that don't last very long. Can you get a fake Pokemon game working like a normal if you insert a better battery.
    And one more thing, if you remove the cartridge while playing it can damage the game right? Or just the battery?

Back