• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Almost had it' moments

ChinchillaCheddar

Dreams of electric sheep
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    Anybody here ever have a moment where, there you were, walking around in the grass, and all of a sudden, out pops a Pokemon that you REALLY wanna catch. You start to whittle its HP down a bit, so it'll be easier to catch, when all of a sudden you see the dreaded words: "Wild *insert Pokemon here* fled!" :( Or, alternately, you find that Pokemon, and you attack it one too many times and it faints. Plus, to add insult to injury, no matter how much you look for it, you can't seem to find it again. This ever happen to you guys?

I had a moment like this last night: I was playing Crystal, and I was using my Super Rod in the Dragon's Den, when all of a sudden, I caught a Dragonair. I love Dragonair, so I wasn't gonna let this one get away...I brought out Entei and was trying to weaken the Dragonair, and JUST when I was about one hit from being able to catch it easily, it fled. My face must have looked like this: D: I fished around some more, but I couldn't find another one. I was so mad...

(If there's already a thread like this I apologize, I couldn't find one so I figured I'd start it.)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I was like that in Pokemon LeafGreen on my way to get Moltres on Island one. While I was in the cave, I ran into a shiny Geodude, I tried to capture it three times, but the ball kept breaking free. So then I had to weaken it to the point that it was in the red area. Before I was able to catch it, used Explosion on me >:[

:t354:TG

Back