• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Sappy Seed Script

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Hey so I've been trying to implement an attack that works pretty much exactly like Sappy Seed (physical Grass move that also applies Leech Seed). I've looked at how Leech Seed is defined in Pokemon_MovesEffects as well as in Pokemon_Moves and I've used that to help me create a new script for Sappy Seed but I can't seem to get it to do damage AND apply Leech Seed. It only seems to do one or the other. Could anyone help me out here?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    What did you write? I'll confess I haven't tried, but I expected that you could just set the appropriate effect on your attack.

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    To elaborate on what mcgriffin said, it seems le you should be able to define the move le any other in moves.txt and use the function code for leech seed ( 0DC ). You shouldn't need to add any move effects... in theory...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    To elaborate on what mcgriffin said, it seems le you should be able to define the move le any other in moves.txt and use the function code for leech seed ( 0DC ). You shouldn't need to add any move effects... in theory...

Nah even if you apply that function code to an attacking move it still only sets up Leech Seed. No damage is done at all. I'm not sure where in the scripts it defines Leech Seed as an non attacking effect, maybe somewhere in pbeffects?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Nah even if you apply that function code to an attacking move it still only sets up Leech Seed. No damage is done at all. I'm not sure where in the scripts it defines Leech Seed as an non attacking effect, maybe somewhere in pbeffects?

Hm, interesting. I guess that the move effect is missing something that looks a bit like:

Code:
    [color=green]ret=super(...)[/color]
    ... # leech seed effect code goes here
    [color=green]return ret[/color]

Back