• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laptop starts randomly freezing

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've been having this problem for a week now? Since I deleted a program from my laptop it's been experiencing sudden freezing, either during some heavy activity or just 10 minutes after start-up browsing the internet. If I have music playing in the background it freezes 'on' the note it was just playing, so it's definitely a total freeze. I actually don't get a BSOD and neither can I open task manager so all I can do is press the power button.

It sounds like a memory problem, one I've had before but at that time it would show me the BSOD with the text "KERNEL INPAGE ERROR". That was on a different laptop but it seems similar; the freezing comes out of absolutely nowhere and can happen either 20 minutes or 2 hours after starting up. The problem is definitely linked to the program I deleted as I've never experienced it before. What's the best way to go by this? How can I find out what is causing this?

(Laptop is ASUS R540LA)

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Most likely cause of KERNEL INPAGE ERROR would be either the HDD got bad sectors, loosen cables of HDD, file damaged by a virus/malware to know error code you can check using event log to show which code

You can simply do a chkdsk command via command prompt to repair logical errors
    or you can use antivirus to check if certain system file to see if it can remove it

Last edited:
    Back