• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Distortion World...

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
Years
  • We all know that Platinum's just about to be released, and there's something that's been popping up in my head.

A long while back, I saw some vids on the Distortion World, and, as I expected, it is very awesome. However, I was somewhat dissapointed to discover that it's fairly short. My question is this:

Does anyone else believe that the Distortion World is simply meant to be a tease of what's to come in future games?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • The Distortion World was only meant for Giratina, right?

I'll say that this would not be seen again out of Platinum.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I thought the Distortion World went for a suitable length. Any longer and I probably would've quit playing for a while.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    its kinda short and its jsut for the storyline of origin giratina.other than that i dont see it being in future games

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Isn't the graphics same in any D/P/P game. O_o I think Game Freak would want to make better graphics instead of staying with the same D/P/P graphics. Anyways, it is unique to Platinum because of Giratina, and there is no 'hint' to the newer games. I don't think there will be a newer Distortion World unless they make a newer form of Giratina. =P

Edit: Isn't the Distortion World long? =O It does have a lot of portals like Silph Co., and I have been in it. It has a good distance, any longer it would be boring.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I don't think it will appear in other games. I guess it was made for Giratina's Origin Form.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Isn't the graphics same in any D/P/P game. O_o I think Game Freak would want to make better graphics instead of staying with the same D/P/P graphics. Anyways, it is unique to Platinum because of Giratina, and there is no 'hint' to the newer games. I don't think there will be a newer Distortion World unless they make a newer form of Giratina. =P
    The DS has a 3D engine. Super Mario 64 DS is proof of that. Until the Distortion World came along, a 3D engine had never been utilized in a handheld Pokemon game. If thr creators have started to use it now, then it would make sense for this to be used again in future games. Now imagine a handheld Pokemon game with graphics rivaling an N64. The Distortion World seems to be that first step.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Really, there was an interview with the producers of D/P, and the main game director said that they will stay with these graphics in a good long time. Because, they wanted D/P/P to be still original with the average 2Dish graphics, but have a hint of 3D DS graphics so you know you aren't playing a GBA game. The graphics could have been better, but Game Freak didn't want to go overboard with it.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • The DS has a 3D engine. Super Mario 64 DS is proof of that. Until the Distortion World came along, a 3D engine had never been utilized in a handheld Pokemon game. If thr creators have started to use it now, then it would make sense for this to be used again in future games. Now imagine a handheld Pokemon game with graphics rivaling an N64. The Distortion World seems to be that first step.

I agree with you. If they used it now, they'll probably be using it in future Pokemon games too, or they would've never made the Distortion World 3D-like.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    distortion world is more of a mess than a "cool"

i even got lost in it! (distorted world)!

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Some of the younger fans might be confused with the 3-D. I mean, they just got used to 2-D and now 3-D?

Also, as you can see the only 3-D part in Platinum was the Distortion World, and it was only a short one.

So, could they really make a handheld Pokémon that is totally 3-D?

Back