• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Stealing Pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    So I've been dabbling in Essentials for about a month. I've got an idea for an evil team, but I haven't the slightest idea how to code it. What if an Admin could steal one of your pokemon, chosen randomly, during battle? The pokemon is removed from your party and the opponent adds it to their team. After the battle your pokemon is returned. I know that would be nightmarishly complicated, but do you have any ideas? Steps in the right direction? Is it even possible?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Probably not too hard to do. I'd start by seeing if you can remove the Pokémon from the player's party and add it to the foe's. You could probably make that change during the initialization of the parties, i.e. somewhere in one of the PokeBattle_ scripts.

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    I agree with mgriffin. You could probably store the pokémon in a designated variable, then delete it from the party. Next, you would make sure the opponent used that variable in generating its team. After the battle, you would just add the pokémon back to the players party by copying it from the variable. And some of these steps could even be done in the event editor.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Actually, removing a Pokemon from the player's party during battle is NOT an easy task. Essentials just isn't designed to handle that, and things get out of hand very quickly if a Pokemon is suddenly missing from either side. If you're talking about removing from the player's party just BEFORE the start of the battle, though, then that's more feasible. I've found that adding a Pokemon to the enemy's party, though, is not as difficult.

My suggestion is that you should first store the Pokemon that you want to remove in a variable and then remove it in the event itself as Poq said, just before the trainer battle call, and then in the script section "PField_EncounterModifiers", you can add the stored Pokemon to the enemy's party.

Back