• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Make a Team Discussion Sub-Forum in Game Dev

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
  • We've been talking about this here.

I logged on to find my team disbanded... One of my team members cam to me, "Uh, kitsu... What happened to our group?"

I really had no idea why. So I checked the Feedback forum here. I found that someone else had the same problem. So, we debated with a couple people there.
    For me, I made a group so that I would be able to post jobs for fakemon designers, spriters, and etc. This way everyone could see them and would know which jobs were taken or not. I was probably going to do that today, but it was gone without a warning or reason why.

Lightning:
    There's a general Game Dev social group; you can make a discussion for your team in that one.

Nothing against Lightning, I'm just saying though, that I refuse to do so. I'd like for others to see our discussion, for it to be more open, not stay in a little social group.
    And, ignore this:

Kitsukitty:
    It'd be much easier because that way random people wouldn't show up and sign up, y'know? It's easy to forget when your leading a bunch of people, which I might end up doing. I don't want to post jobs so that other people can be signing up even though they don't have that occupation on the team. It might get me confused.. this has happened before on another forum, rhough it wasn't about game team occupation.

I changed my mind after I found out more... So forget that. Right now I just want it to be like how the Emulation Forum has a Team Discussion Sub-Forum. That's ALL I want. I mean, why does an illegal doing have more rights anyway? No offense to Emulation and it's helpers, though.
    And I did recreate it... I really don't care if it's deleted as long as I get this sub-forum accepted.

Don't come here to ask me stupid things... I'm giving feedback, not asking for a debate. I'd like someone with admin or mod powers to give this some consideration...

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I've never been to game dev but it is shocking there is no team development.

I've been to rom-hacking a fair amount, and a separate subforum cuts down on the SPAM coming into the threads
    i.e. "can I be in your team" "did you accept me" etc etc

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    We've been talking about this here.

I logged on to find my team disbanded... One of my team members cam to me, "Uh, kitsu... What happened to our group?"

I really had no idea why. So I checked the Feedback forum here. I found that someone else had the same problem. So, we debated with a couple people there.
    For me, I made a group so that I would be able to post jobs for fakemon designers, spriters, and etc. This way everyone could see them and would know which jobs were taken or not. I was probably going to do that today, but it was gone without a warning or reason why.

Lightning:

Nothing against Lightning, I'm just saying though, that I refuse to do so. I'd like for others to see our discussion, for it to be more open, not stay in a little social group.
    And, ignore this:

Kitsukitty:

I changed my mind after I found out more... So forget that. Right now I just want it to be like how the Emulation Forum has a Team Discussion Sub-Forum. That's ALL I want. I mean, why does an illegal doing have more rights anyway? No offense to Emulation and it's helpers, though.
    And I did recreate it... I really don't care if it's deleted as long as I get this sub-forum accepted.

Don't come here to ask me stupid things... I'm giving feedback, not asking for a debate. I'd like someone with admin or mod powers to give this some consideration...
    Well, the staff like to hear from more than a few people, they want to hear the good and the bad. So, people are going to debate about it; there is no way around it.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Well, the staff like to hear from more than a few people, they want to hear the good and the bad. So, people are going to debate about it; there is no way around it.

You again, if you want to start something, stay here. Right now I really don't care about whatever your saying. You've already said something back there, and I'm not looking for you ,so er.. yup.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Next you'll be wanting a Progressing Games section. -__-
    Oh and by the way, it's
    going to be debated no matter what. The staff have to decide based on the
    good and the bad. They don't just go "Oh nice idea. Let's add it now!" without
    thinking about it for a while. There's more factors they have to decide based upon
    than you know.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Next you'll be wanting a Progressing Games section. -__-
    Oh and by the way, it's
    going to be debated no matter what. The staff have to decide based on the
    good and the bad. They don't just go "Oh nice idea. Let's add it now!" without
    thinking about it for a while. There's more factors they have to decide based upon
    than you know.

I know.
    When I said debate I meant something else...
    But I'm not going to name people, is all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    In my opinion, though I don't frequent the Game Development forum as often as I do other forums, nor know as much about it as I'd like, I think it's important for communication to be the foundation to the development of the task at hand. For the team of the game in development to be able to discuss their game, I find that very important, and I don't really think that a discussion in one group mixed with so many members is really enough to have extended discussion compared to how much a thread could help. I mean, what would the staff, who manage a community, be without the staff forum? Not very proficient to say the least.

But, at the same time, I feel that due to the fact that Emulation and Game Development are two completely different aspects of creativity outlets, the two shouldn't be compared... but that's not going to happen, from what I can see because at the same time, the two are very alike. When it comes down to comparing the two, Emulation for some reason is superior with popularity than Game Development is. But I feel that if Emulation has its own forum for team discussion, than Game Development should have the same.

With that said, Kitsukitty, I must say, you are handling this extremely immaturely by stating that you are refusing to use the outlets already provided for you. On a side note, not only refusing to use it, but directly breaking a rule even after it's been stated to you seeing as how shortly after you found out, you recreated your social group knowing full well that that particular type of social group isn't allowed in the community... not to mention how you created a thread and are acting rather rudely to just about every single response given to you, despite their opinion on the matter. I know you're only 14, but try to be a little more respectable to the input given by people who have been here so much longer and know what they're talking about. :|

So, in a shorter version: I agree with the creation of a team forum for Game Development, but I think you're handling this immaturely and you should really just calm down and let it be discussed behind the scenes by higher staff.

...And that's all I have to say on the matter, I suppose.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Hehe, sorry.
    By making another group I was standing up for myself, I know it's stupid though..
    Thank you for agreeing, I hope this gets somewhere.

Back