• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Quote Pyramids/"Shrinkies"

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Why aren't quote pyramids automatically formed when quoting, and if there is a problem on my part in understanding this particular forum's use of said feature how can I make it happen?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Well they're very helpful because that way I don't have to dig back five pages to follow a single conversation. Just that not everyone on the Internet knows how they're appropriately used, so I guess that's fair.

Years
  • Hmm I think quote pyramids should be put back in (like in PMs) but that they should all automatically be in quote spoilers.

In long discussions some people may have a good idea but because they have to go back pages and pages just to see what was said; they may not have a chance to give their two-cents.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ._. I'm seconding the "they're annoying, don't put them back in" sentiment. If you quote properly (ie with the actual quote bottom), it'll add a little arrow next to the "Originally posted by..." text that you can click to go to the original post. It's a little more cumbersome than just reading the whole thing straight through in a quote pyramid but it takes up so much less space.

Back