• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] Pokemon ep 108 Sun&Moon- Your thoughts? (Ultra)

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
  • I did enjoy it a little, but was also disappointed

1)Reason of dissapointed:

Spoiler:

2)Reason of small enjoyment:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I'm at a loss for words honestly. Ever since the new ending started(which if memory serves was after Brock and Misty's Alola visit, hence pointing to that potentially being the ending of Season 21 for the English Dub), SuMo has been on an outright roll with regards to Episodes. This entire Poni arc has been pretty good, notably for the side characters since they took Ash and Lillie and threw them into the background for a change. Even Hapu has grown on me with her subplot on trying to become the next Kahuna of Poni Island.

With respect to Episode 108, it might challenge Episode 21 as the best Episode in the Series. 21 was a real tearjerker and 108 is no slouch in this department, especially if you could relate to Mao(Mallow). Shaymin appearing was a bit of a surprise and does throw a speculation curveball with regards to Generation 4 remakes. Would I want Mallow to catch it? Who wouldn't but it's a Mythical Pokémon. If Ash couldn't catch Nebby, there's zero chance of Mallow catching Shaymin.

The real curveball or reveal in 108 was...

Spoiler:

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • Ah, true, i forgot about them
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • We all know why Shaymin appeared-- Sinnoh remake confirmed.

Tbvh I really loved this episode, with Hapu being confirmed as the Island Queen, and as always anime makes me cry like a baby.

Years
  • I did heard about this episode, but man this episode a lot of death references, i am thinking about this episode could lead to be ban entirely or edit the dialouge to avoid any death references.

Also, this is the most dramatic and tearjerker i've ever seen, even Torracat reunites with its old menter Stoutland and i was suprised that it passed away. :(

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I did heard about this episode, but man this episode a lot of death references, i am thinking about this episode could lead to be ban entirely or edit the dialouge to avoid any death references.

Also, this is the most dramatic and tearjerker i've ever seen, even Torracat reunites with its old menter Stoutland and i was suprised that it passed away. :(

(sorry for my poor English)

Really? Banning this Episode? I hardly see the offensive nature, much less the concern over it. Kids can absorb quite a bit and if parents step up to the plate and do their job as parents, even Episodes such as this they can watch. I'm still against the last Banned Episode being banned on the grounds of Free Speech and the intolerant SJW minority in this country but eh what can you do.

Years
  • Really? Banning this Episode? I hardly see the offensive nature, much less the concern over it. Kids can absorb quite a bit and if parents step up to the plate and do their job as parents, even Episodes such as this they can watch. I'm still against the last Banned Episode being banned on the grounds of Free Speech and the intolerant SJW minority in this country but eh what can you do.

I am hoping TPCi can either edit the dialouge and remove any death word so that there won't be any word "death" or "passed away" in an TPCi dubs. That's the only thing i knew so far.

TPCi wanted to make the dub more suitable for younger kids and avoid anything that contains dialouge and scene that are deemed unsuitable for younger childrens like death, sexual words and anything that is offensive.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    This was such a disappointing episode.

It's too little too late in regards to giving Mallow some sorely needed development, and further soured by the fact her mother isn't given a name or unique appearance, and then Mallow has the gall to kidnap a Shaymin before it can fly away

But hey, at least Hapu became Kahuna at long last

Back