• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which one is misprint??? Pulled both today!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2019
    So I pulled these two Wailord Ex cards today and they are obviously different.
    Look at the body of the whales and you'll see that the one on the right, has less color on body..like someone scratched it off but they are both new. please help. I'm noob. thank you.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there!

So it's a little harder to determine if something is misprinted without a picture, but what I can say is that you probably do not have a misprint on your hands. Like any other printer in the world, sometimes the ink runs low. Therefore, less ink is deposited on the card. It's a manufacturing error that occurs relatively often. You can also see the opposite occur, where the printer deposits a larger amount of ink making the card look darker. Because Pokémon cards are created in layers, you'll see isolated instances of only the text or backgrounds or whathaveyou being lighter/darker as a result.

I still encourage you to post a picture though so we can really see what's going on! :)

Last edited:
    Back