• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Bridge Issue

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2019
    So I just got done remaking the Kanto overworld map in RPG Maker XP BUT I/m having issue with R12's bridges and the ones in Vermilion City.

I'm either walking off them or I can't get onto another set that is going in another position. By which I mean I can't step on bridge planks going horizontal from a vertical one.

I know about the bridge on/off switch but other than that I have on idea what to do.

Please help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, the bridges are over water.
    Thus, you shouldn't be able to walk off of them.

Can we see your tileset and passage settings for the relevant bridges?
    Perhaps that might make your problem easier to understand.

If you set a bridge to impassable (due to another map), perhaps it'd be easier to copy/paste that bridge to the bottom of your tileset and set different passability options.

Kanto_Route_12_HGSS.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the default essentials maps, they give you examples of how to do bridges over water; I suggest you look at the events that trigger. Not only do you have to assign them the correct terrain tags, you have to make events for the bridges themselves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    It depends on what generation tileset you're using I think. I had this problem recently. I had to modify the terrain tags for some of the bridge tilesets that are used for Vermillion city. I had to playtest my game and change the terrain tag of those tiles to 42 which is essentials default for going over the bridge only. The bottom edge of the bridge tilesets have to be 13. I'll try to get a picture of what I'm talking about. Let me know if you've already thought of this.

Last edited:
    Back