• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] I cant open my game

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2019
    so I just got back from school exited to continue to make my game and all of a sudden the rpgxp file wouldn't load it would keep saying unexpected file format the picture attached is the error that pops up, if anyone can help me please do

Attachments

• 2019-11-20.png
      2019-11-20.png
      2.5 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2019
    I don't have a backup and I've searched through the files and I couldn't find it so

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    It happened to me once when my computer crashed while I was using RMXP. The best option I think is to start over again from your most recent backup.

Otherwise you can try to play with the data files (in Data folder) to see which one(s) is/are causing issues (probably the most recently edited ones). You may try to replace some of them by other ones (if you don't have any backup, you could try using the data files from a fresh version of Essentials).

Naturally, you lose your recent progress either way.

Back