• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roses are Red: A Poetry Club

Years
Wow you are really talented Lina! I am saving this poem to my desktop because I love it so much, it's so raw and honest full of character!

I have a poem that I want to share right now by the Persian mystic and poet of the medieval era Rumi. I have had a tough week, but this poem has helped me maintain optimism and my most earnest wish is that it will bring hope and and comfort to others even during difficult times. This poem is called The Guest House.

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

— Jellaludin Rumi,

Years
I would love to join this group if possibly I ❤ to write poetry. Sadly I haven't written any new poetry for a year and 3 months now though if I get really inspired by something I'll possibly write again some poetry peices. I ❤ and make ALL kinds of art and crafts, so you can say I'm multitalented artist. Here's a gallery of few of my old work. Please DO NOT steal, use, copy, claim, re edit my work in anyway. I worked extremely hard on them all and put my heart into writing them so please respect the copyrights. Thank you ~

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back