• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Discussions: IMO Pokemon Crystal Dust is the best Johto GBA remake

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    It feels like a natural transistion into GBA graphics while remaining faithful to the original. It's very polished work and feels "official", like something GameFreak would have made. A problem i have with other hacks is that they add too many things and extra content at the expense of quality but CD focus more on delivering an authentic experience. It's really sad that the development has stopped it's definately my favorite hack due to how convncing it is.

Years
  • It really does look authentic and just great! Heard the project may be continued by another ROM hacker, I hope that's good news for everyone.

I'd love to 1 day load it onto a cart/fake flash cart - as good/like an authentic GBA cart and play it as if it's a gamefreak series game. Trade with red/blue remakes..Emerald too!
    It actually deserves commercial success/release (like many fan creations) and props to the dev/s.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Crystal Dust Beta 2 is my first played through hack, so faithful to Crystal and FireRed skin in Emerald are awesome.

Back