• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Honesty.. what the heck is up with this thing?

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
  • uwhen u start it make sure your connected to the internet

Sorry to say but that is the least useful piece of information I have ever received. First off, if I am on this forum, of course I am connected to the internet. Secondly, it would have nothing to do with it either way, whether I was connected or disconnected.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • actually yes it would effect it if your not connected for the simple fact that you have to connect to their server to obtain your trial number also are you using Windows Vista, because you might have to disable your firewall....

My fault then, I suppose I received some false information from a friend of mine.

Anyway and unfortunately, I am using Vista. The supposed greatest system ever is so horrible for every program. Let me turn off the firewall and see if it works. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Nope. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • My fault then, I suppose I received some false information from a friend of mine.

Anyway and unfortunately, I am using Vista. The supposed greatest system ever is so horrible for every program. Let me turn off the firewall and see if it works. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Nope. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

hey man who ever you got your info from for getting the trail key prolly has a hacked version. should read the fag on their website about vista and problems.

(don't do this if you do and screw your computer up not my fault)
    and for suggestions downgrade to xp. (yes its possible you just to be really good and know what your doing)

Years
  • You need to run the program as administrator the first time to obtain a key.
    Subsequent uses after do not require you to run it as an administrator.

Years
  • hey man who ever you got your info from for getting the trail key prolly has a hacked version. should read the fag on their website about vista and problems.

(don't do this if you do and screw your computer up not my fault)
    and for suggestions downgrade to xp. (yes its possible you just to be really good and know what your doing)

First things first, you really need to look at what you are typing before you hit the "Submit Reply" button. I am sure you meant to say faq rather than "fag", but you frequently do this I have noticed. Secondly, its impossible to "downgrade" to XP, the only way is to reformat, all data will be lost in a reformatting. Third, XP is old technology, Vista is the Windows NT of its time. It has problems that are being fixed and currently there is no reason to replace Vista with XP on any machine because it's a perfectly good OS.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • First things first, you really need to look at what you are typing before you hit the "Submit Reply" button. I am sure you meant to say faq rather than "fag", but you frequently do this I have noticed. Secondly, its impossible to "downgrade" to XP, the only way is to reformat, all data will be lost in a reformatting. Third, XP is old technology, Vista is the Windows NT of its time. It has problems that are being fixed and currently there is no reason to replace Vista with XP on any machine because it's a perfectly good OS.

no its not impossible. and well i suck at typing so im sorry if i type somthing wrong. and i never said it wouldnt keep all your data. i just said its posible.

Back