• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pink's Grass challenge.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    This is going to be much like Magic's Bug challenge, but maybe a LITTLE simpler due to the amount of grass types. This is a challenge where you are allowed to only use GRASS types. This also is only for the Hoenn region games.

A list of the Gras types in R/S/E:

Spoiler:

You wil notice that I didn't add the Lotad family. That is because this challenge calls for the usage of all grass types BUT them! To make it a little more challenging. Idk how much more that affects you guys but oh well. You are free to have as many "HM Slaves" as you want! But the limit on the grass type pokemon you can use is also three!

To take on this challenge fill in a signup form like this:
    Pokemon:
    HM slave/s:
    Name of your trainer:

Takers so far:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Remember to keep your progress posted you guys! <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Pogeymonz: Sceptile, Breloom, and Vileplume.
    HM slaves: Do I have to decide this now? It'd be much easier if I catch them as I go along, seeing as they won't be used for battles.
    Name: Person

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Pogeymonz: Sceptile, Breloom, and Vileplume.
    HM slaves: Do I have to decide this now? It'd be much easier if I catch them as I go along, seeing as they won't be used for battles.
    Name: Person
    No need to decide now, just post them later and I'll add them to your statsus. <3

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Ooohhh. Sounds fun. I'll take it up after I transfer all my good stuff to my friend's diamond.
    Pokemon: Sceptile, Breloom, and Shiftry
    Hm Slaves: Marill(Rocksmash, Strength, Waterfall, Surf, AND dive!? W00T!...course, gotta delete one to make room, and what not.), and Nincada(For cut and flash...not that those are particularly needed...)
    Name: Yuki

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Eh sounds fun.
    Pokemon: Sceptile, Breloom, and Bellossom
    Hm Slaves: I dunno yet.
    Name: Brae

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Geez everyone is pretty much using the same pokemon, where is the challenge in that?

Don't really understand why Lotad etc aren't in, they are just as grass as any other

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Geez everyone is pretty much using the same pokemon, where is the challenge in that?

Don't really understand why Lotad etc aren't in, they are just as grass as any other
    Their being water type makes it easier to defeat any other types that they usually have a problem with. If you didnt like the challenge then dont say iit ON the Topic.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Hey can i change my pokemon I want to use? Instead of Sceptile i want Cradily, mainly so i can pick torchic as my starter to beat May easier.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Hey can i change my pokemon I want to use? Instead of Sceptile i want Cradily, mainly so i can pick torchic as my starter to beat May easier.
    lol
    No problem! You can do whatever you want! be sure to keep your progress posted!

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I started with torchic so May has a water pokemon. I used it until i caught a Zigzagoon for a HM slave(surf, stregnth, cut, rock smash) and got a shroomish. I easily beat Roxanne with absorb, although nosepass was a bit of a problem with its high def. I went on to Dewford and went quickly through the cave with Steven in it (forgot name) i just brought repels and wandered until i found the right way without flash. I skipped the gym and I went to Slateport and beat everybody on the beach. My shroomish is now level 22.

UPDATE -
    I leveled my shroomish in the Museum from Team Aqua and delivered the stuff to Cptn. Stern. The 3rd may fight was a challange though, her torkal was a pretty hard to kill, but her swampert was gone with 1 mega drain. I went up to Mauville and I beat all the people on route 117, i beat the 4 people on the start of route 118. My breloom was level 28 by then and i caught an oddish. I went through the gym and easily beat Wattson with Mach Punches. After getting Rock Smash and teaching it to my Zigzagoon, I went through Rusturf tunnel and got Stregnth. I got the exp share back in Rusturf and put Zigzagoon in the daycare to level up so i can get better pick-up items. I gave oddish the exp share and got a Mach Bike to go on the Cycling Road. I beat all the trainers there (usually 1 hit KOs with Mach Punch) and got back on the ship to go beat Brawly. It obviously was a easy fight as i was about double his pokemons' level. I went back to Mauville and rode the Mach Bike back and forth the long path from Vendenturf to Route 118 while watching TV in my real life, by the time i started playing my Zigzagoon was level 41 (whoops :P). I KOed a few wild pokemon to level her so she could learn Stregnth. I evolved my oddish while beating trainers on my way to Fiery Path. I am now just outside fiery path.

My Current Team (besides HM slaves) :

lvl 32 Breloom
    Mega Drain
    Mach Punch
    Counter (soon to be replaced with sky uppercut)
    Leech Seed

lvl 22 Gloom
    Absorb
    Sleep Powder
    Poisionpowder
    Stun Spore

UPDATE - Just a small little update. I am in meteor falls now, im trying to get a sun stone but i dont want to wait until Mossdeep, so im tryng to get one off a Solrock, but the lack of a pokemon who can steal items is making this a challange, i have about 4 solrocks in my PC because i have to catch them and see if they are holding a sun stone. Good thing i have like 15 repeat balls...

EDIT - Will that work, or do i have to use thief, because i have like 15 and im running out of money.

UPDATE - [I need to take a break from playing :P] I went on to Lavaridge town and got destroyed by Flannery. I KOed all her pokemon in 1 hit with mach punch until torkal. Torkal was harder, i didnt kill him in 1 hit so he used Overheat on Breloom which obviosly KOed me. My level 28 gloom didnt stand a chance either, i tried to make it go to sleep but her torkal got the first attack. I saved before the fight and kept trying over and over for about an hour until i finally got it perfect, i didnt miss on the first 3 pokemon and i got a critical hit on torkal. So I got the badge and i got the Go-Goggles. The mirage tower wasnt there so i just went on to Norman instead. I got sky uppercut after killing torkal, so that would come in use for the next gym. I easlily got through the gym with mach punch, and i sky uppercutted normans first 3 pokemon, but, like flannery, his last pokemon KOed me in 1 hit. I used skyupper cut on it and slacking used counter then i sent out gloom and he healed with a hyper potion, i knew it was hopeless so i restarted and just used mach punch in case he countered then i used sky uppercut to finish him off while he was loafing around. I got surf and taught it to my Linoone.

Last edited:

blackhayate-x1000

~jtxth~est.6/24/07
    Years
  • Update one:
    Okay, so I pretty much battled everyone from Littleroot to the Rusturf Cave except Roxanne.
    I don't have either of my HM slaves atm, and btw, I'd love yo add Taillow to it, if at all possible. For fly.

Either way, I got Seedot evolved into Nuzleaf, and he's still level fourteen, Treecko is level 12, and Shroomish is also 12. I'm gonna go beat Roxanne, and will give you more info when I get back on.

Ciao~♫

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    After getting surf i surfed east of Mauville onto Route 118 including the weather institute, i beat most the trainers on the way to fortree city. I healed up and ran straight through the town, i got the devon scope and kept walking, knowing i couldnt beat the gym yet. I beat all the trainers up to route 121, and thats where I am now. I am training my gloom and lileep at the moment. My current team is:

lvl 40 Breloom
    Sky Uppercut
    Mach Punch
    Counter
    Leech Seed

lvl 29 Gloom
    Absorb
    Sleep Powder
    Poision Powder
    Acid

Level 28 Lileep
    Astonish
    Ingrain
    Acid
    Bullet Seed

Update - Im still training for fortree gym, i lost on her skarmory, and i found a leaf stone, but i want a bellossom.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Update. Well i havent done much except go to team Magma's hideout. Im trying to skip the fortree gym for now, but it is so hard getting around without fly...My pokemon have leveled quite a bit though.

lvl 45 Breloom
    Sky Uppercut
    Mach Punch
    Counter
    Leech Seed

lvl 41 Cradily
    Rock Tomb
    Giga Drain
    Acid
    Bullet Seed

lvl 38 Gloom
    Absorb
    Sleep Powder
    Poision Powder
    Moonlight

Update - I got through Team Aqua's hideout now. So im off to mossdeep to evolve my gloom.

Update - Wow the fortree gym was easy with Rock Tomb :D. My Craidily killed everybody except skarmory, which i killed with Brelooms sky uppercut. Not a big pokemon update but ill post them anyway.

lvl 46 Breloom
    Sky Uppercut
    Mach Punch
    Counter
    Leech Seed

lvl 42 Cradily
    Rock Tomb
    Giga Drain
    Acid
    Bullet Seed

lvl 40 Bellossom
    Absorb (will be solarbeam at lvl 55)
    Sleep Powder
    Sunny Day
    Moonlight

Update - just a tiny update, im using tropius as a HM slave for fly.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Hey, can I change Cacturne to Cradily? I realised how useful it'll get against Fire, Ice and Flying types...xD
    Well, before you get a particular Pokemon, what do I do? Use 1 Pokemon up to Petalburg Woods?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Hey, can I change Cacturne to Cradily? I realised how useful it'll get against Fire, Ice and Flying types...xD
    Well, before you get a particular Pokemon, what do I do? Use 1 Pokemon up to Petalburg Woods?
    Yeah.
    You are only allowed the pokemon you chose. You are free to change them WHENEVER you want.....but only three, and only grass.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Right!

Update...but very poor one.

Well, Scott's talking to me about me being a Rookie Trainer. -glare-

Treecko Lv10
    @ Oran Berry
    - Pound
    - Leer
    - Absorb

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I don't have Ruby or Sapphire...so...yeah...

Whoo! Talk abut luck! I found a Shroomish as the first wild Pokemon in Petalburg Woods! Level 6! Muahaha!

Hmmaa....My Treecko's Sassy and my Shroomish is Timid, neither of them awfully good for either Pokemon...x.x

Back