• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Asking for some hacking advice

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Hello.

For years, i've been in the game development section of this forum building a pokemon game using rpg maker xp. I've recently came to the decision that I want to try to hack a gen 6 game. Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire preferebly. But I have no clue how to go about doing it. I've tried reading some threads on here and around the internet over the past few days, and they all seem to agree on one thing, if i want to hack a 3ds game, i have to extract the rom myself, as no one seems to have posted one online for download.

I have experience in Visual Boy advance and Advance map for the gba games, but I never went far with those. Any help for gen 6 would help. Sorry if i'm not clear here, i'm writing this right before work and don't have time to detail what i'm asking.

Back