• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Subbed] Serena's Eevee's evolution theme song question

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK035J1uhDc

Is this song present in the original japanese episode, or the authors added it for effect?

It's DoriDori or Serena's theme. It's in the Japanese dub because they(TPC) own the rights to it. English dub doesn't have it. It's little things like her theme playing in the background that make the Japanese dub leaps and bounds better and it's not just XY/XYZ where you'll see differences like that. It's prevalent in Advanced, Diamond and Pearl and even in Sun and Moon.

Reactions: BH

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • It's DoriDori or Serena's theme. It's in the Japanese dub because they(TPC) own the rights to it. English dub doesn't have it. It's little things like her theme playing in the background that make the Japanese dub leaps and bounds better and it's not just XY/XYZ where you'll see differences like that. It's prevalent in Advanced, Diamond and Pearl and even in Sun and Moon.

I see, so this song IS present in japanese version, but the english dub removed it?

Thank you for the information, that theme fits Serena's Eevee's transformation more

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I see, so this song IS present in japanese version, but the english dub removed it?

Thank you for the information, that theme fits Serena's Eevee's transformation more

English dub couldn't use it because they don't own the rights, much less paid for permission to use it. Also her theme definitely fits the scene.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I see, so this song IS present in japanese version, but the english dub removed it?

Aye this song is present as already stated and no real reason to post anything else, however, if you like the song, this might be something you want to see because the animation is awesome

This is the official ending for one of the Japanese versions of the anime, I do not remember what season it was, but it is one of the best endings to a Pokemon Anime ever in my opinion. This song and video is what made Serena my favorite female character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4Iq-Os51k

Last edited:
    Back