• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lottery Corner

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the older generations, the Lottery was a corner in specific locations, rather than every single Pokémon Center like in the newest games. In Generation II, the Lottery was a Radio Station known as Lucky Channel. However, only on Fridays. In the Hoenn Games, the Lottery is held in the Lilycove Department Store, but if your internal battery has run dry, you're out of luck. In the Sinnoh games, the Lottery is held in Jubilife TV, so you can access it pretty early into the game. HG/SS changed their lottery to being in the Radio Tower first floor through Felicity. It's exactly the same as the Sinnoh games, and the woman will give the same prizes. For whatever reason, Unova had no lottery. The Kalos games had their lottery corner in Lumiose City, while OR/AS had theirs in the same location as R/S/E. Finally S/M/US/UM the lottery corner is available in Hau'oli City.

The lottery is through matching ID numbers, so if you trade a lot with NPCs you will get higher chances to win.

The prizes are as follows, in generation order.

G/SC prizes are a PP for 2 digits, exp share for 3 and 4 digits, and a Master Ball if all 5 digits match.
    R/S/E prizes are a PP up for 2 digits, an exp share for 3 digits, a Max Revive for 4 digits, and a Master Ball for all five.
    D/P and PT/HG/SS have differing lotteries. But, only for the first digit. In d/p one digit will get you a backdrop for dressing up your Pokémon. In all the other games this generation, you will get an Ultra Ball instead. You will get a PP Up for 2 digits, and EXP share for 3 digits, a Max Revive for 4 digits, and a Master ball for all five, like all the previous generations before.
    Finally, all the prizes between gens six and seven are the same: for 1 digit, you will get a Moo Moo Milk, 2 digits you will get a PP Up, 3 Digits, you will get a PP Max, 4 digits you will get a Rare Candy, and yes, 5 digits will get you a Rare Candy.

There is technically a lottery in B2/W2, but it's actually a random raffle and is nothing like this ID number lottery, so I will not be including it in this.

Anyway, do you participate in these lotteries in the past generations? Have you ever been lucky enough to obtain a Master Ball? What's the most amount of digits you've gotten matched?

For me, I don't bother with them anymore, but back in the day, I most certainly did. I've never gotten a Master ball, but I've gotten a Max Revive in Diamond before. Four digits matching has only happened to me once... but I have gotten three digits matching a few times as well. I'm glad this feature keeps making returns in almost all the gens, btw.

Back