• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Longest Time Without A Shiny Encounter While Hunting?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2018
    Hey guys!

I'm curious to see how long people have gone without ANY shiny encounters while shiny hunting. I mean how long have you searched for a specific Pokemon without coming across any other shiny Pokemon before hand?
    I'm asking because I have been shiny hunting on Pokemon Let's Go Eevee with a 34 catch combo + lure, and still often (more often than not) take about 15-30 hours to see ANY shiny while out there, let alone the shiny I want. Others say they find a shiny every 30 mins to 4 hours! Just wanted to hear the other stories folk have : )

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • I have 45(ish) hours game time and have not seen any.
    I spent around 3 hours comboing magikarp and got a combo of 101 and still nothing...

I have put it on hold for the time being, my focus is to beat one more Master trainer (6 in total) so I can battle RED.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2018
    I have 45(ish) hours game time and have not seen any.
    I spent around 3 hours comboing magikarp and got a combo of 101 and still nothing...

I have put it on hold for the time being, my focus is to beat one more Master trainer (6 in total) so I can battle RED.

You've got the right idea by continuing with the game. I've put a stops on the whole game in the rock tunnel so I can build a shiny team, and it's killing me! Good luck! Surely one will come your way soon : )

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I spent about 20 hours actively chaining Drowzee, and a few other hours trying to chain other things (about 30 hours total). No shinies spotted at all so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    I had shiny hunted with 35+ combo for 2 hours before getting a shiny psyduck

I had shiny hunted with 37 combo for 2 hours for a shiny gastly and caught a shiny chansey that showed up instead.

I had shiny hunted with 100+ combo for shiny Eevee for over five hours and no luck.... urgh

I had shiny hunted with 15+ combo for shiny poliwag for 2o minutes and a shiny showed up.... it ran.. I got to 50 combo after an hour later and caught a shiny poliwag.

I still want the gastly, eevee, dratini, and charmander

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2018
    I had shiny hunted with 35+ combo for 2 hours before getting a shiny psyduck

I had shiny hunted with 37 combo for 2 hours for a shiny gastly and caught a shiny chansey that showed up instead.

I had shiny hunted with 100+ combo for shiny Eevee for over five hours and no luck.... urgh

I had shiny hunted with 15+ combo for shiny poliwag for 2o minutes and a shiny showed up.... it ran.. I got to 50 combo after an hour later and caught a shiny poliwag.

I still want the gastly, eevee, dratini, and charmander

Snap, at least you've seen them every couple of hours mostly! Good luck with that eevee!!

I spent about 20 hours actively chaining Drowzee, and a few other hours trying to chain other things (about 30 hours total). No shinies spotted at all so far.

That sucks. I thought my luck was bad. Good luck : ) it'll happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2019
    - Have a limited time for catch shiny mewtwo? Because for a longest time I try and nothing.

Back