• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The top 5 Poke'mon charaters that would make the best Pokemon Master

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
Years
  • Im wondering.............. who would make the best Pokemon master

Order 5 people from the best to the worst....... (exclude Gym Leaders and Elite Four members)

Here's what I think:

~Ash
    ~Brendan
    ~Lance
    ~Young Drake
    ~Brock

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • This is who i think:

1. G/S/C Rival/Silver(heh,I don't see why not?)
    2.Marina/Dani/Femal in Crystal(she's got dreams)
    3.Richie
    4.Blue/LFFR girl(this girl has got style,force and appeal^_~)
    5.Casey(Electabuzz fan)

Last edited:

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
  • -The guy from Kanto who trained his Sandshrew to battle underwater and taught it Fissure ... Thats DIESEL!
    -Ash because hes is the luck master ... LOL ... its true
    -Deffinitely Lance
    -Brock ... the info that comes out of this guys mouth ... OMG ... It's like he knows everything
    -Misty ... because she has Starmie and we all know how crack Starmie can be.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • My opinion:

Ash: Duh the guy has heart.
    TJ: THe guy with the sandshrew. Knows a fissure which is a great feat
    Richie: Pokemon are very well train
    Gold (Don't know anime name): becasue he seems like a good trainer
    Casey: Has heart like Ash

Brock and Misty are a bit unmarure as trainers. Ash is what you call pure becasue he knows basically nothing excepts training and getting better.

Lance because he a E4 champion shich means he already, close, or is on a same level as a pokemon master.

Years
  • My choices.

1. Red (Special): Like Richie, this version of Satoshi has the instincts and the empathy to care for his Pokemon and his opponents but learns from them, not absorb their negative traits along with his own. Despite his misgivings, he has the nerve to win, the intellect hidden by the boyish charm and the heart of a humanitarian.

2. Richie: He has heart but uses his intellect properly and looks at things analytically. But his brain doesn't control him either and he has the will to win but not sacrifice himself or his Pokemon for the game. But his treatment of his opponents (the Rockets) might hold him back.

3. Giovanni (Special): The final Kanto Gym Leader has the might and will to dominate any Pokemon and is a dominant force. Particularly in the Special manga with Deoxys (the anime one blew his chance with his arrogance with Mewtwo) and his Pokemon choices and his analytical approach (he times the mechanics of battles in seconds) of the battle. He would demand respect by dominance and while it is the negative end of the spectrum, the manga Giovanni would be an excellent master in the purest sense of the word.

4. AJ: One of the strongest while not even going to a Gym, has the determination to go beyond the Elite Four or anything else but...his lack of accepting his limitations will set him back in the long run. Until he learns humility and coping, he will fail. But he has the most determination of the lot.

5. Brock (anime). While he's strong like Giovanni with his brute force Pokemon, he has heart but his empathy as a Breeder dissolves his will to win and that's why he isn't that high up. Trainers need to win to be the Master.

Years
  • Hmm. Interesting choices there, Dark Weezing.

However, since I don't know anything about the Manga, I can't list any of those characters! In this case, I can only list those from the anime.

Oh well. Here's my list of future Pok?mon masters:
    1. Ash - Of course. With that crazy Pikachu by his side, it's hard for him to lose. That is, if Pikachu stops holding back...
    2. Ritchie - Much like Ash. (I still say they're clones!) Though I doubt Sparky is as strong as Pikachu. Ritchie's other Pok?mon though seem like real tough battlers though.
    3. Harrison - That Blaziken is amazing. 'Nough said.
    4. Gary - Should he ever decide to become a trainer again, he's gonna be one of the best.
    5. Yoshi - I had to put him down somewhere since he is one of the trainers you can select from the Gold/Silver series. Too bad he only appeared in two episodes. (not to mention in Japanese only...)

I'd put May down only if she were willing to actually battle more than she does. Don't get me wrong, she is a good trainer. She's just not on par with those guys. And Misty would definately be on the list if I could choose more than five. I mean, not many trainers can control a Gyarados. (according to the show) Not only that, but she's "learned" from the best.

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
    Years
  • Wow..............
    All of those lists make mine look stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiidddddd
    I need to make another one........

~Blue/FR-LG Girl
    ~Red
    ~Lance
    ~Young Drake
    ~Ash

That's alot better............

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • 1 - Ash - Because he is so determind <3
    2 - Tetsuya - He won the Hoenn League
    3 - May - She gets better all the time
    4 - Loreli - Eh she knows what she is doing
    5 - Duplica - same as Loreli

Years
  • dqle said:
    Hmm. Interesting choices there, Dark Weezing.

5. Yoshi - I had to put him down somewhere since he is one of the trainers you can select from the Gold/Silver series. Too bad he only appeared in two episodes. (not to mention in Japanese only...)

I'd put May down only if she were willing to actually battle more than she does. Don't get me wrong, she is a good trainer. She's just not on par with those guys. And Misty would definately be on the list if I could choose more than five. I mean, not many trainers can control a Gyarados. (according to the show) Not only that, but she's "learned" from the best.

I'm just exploring the other dimensions of the saga beyond the anime and seeing who would deserve that title and who can but can't until they accept their limitations and surpass them.

But you make an interesting point with Kenta. From what little I've seen of the Raikou Special (I've seen Dogasu's episode comparisons to get my info), I know Kenta had reservations about using Typhlosion against the Crystal System's Black Hole mode and went into a philosophical debate with Bashou over the implication of having Pokemon for power and the sacrifices made for the success or failure of training them. With his strength, empathy and intellect, I'd say I'd give him that 4th slot. Maybe higher but he doesn't have that will that Giovanni, Red and Richie have, and that will hold him back with the master shtick.

Although it makes him a better character, so it's not all bad.

May, she's strong and the series does want her to be a strong trainer (i.e. Her Torchic's evolution) but she has to overcome her insecurities and neurosis (the game amplifies them a thousand fold. Like in her first contest) for her to try to shoot for that goal.

Duplica? Hmm...maybe but she doesn't seem to have to drive to win, she's more of intellect with the copying than anything else. She's more Breeder material if anything.

Years
  • 1. Ash (You had to know that was coming^^) cause he just plain flat out rocks!
    2. Richie (Dang that kid is good! He beat Ash!)
    3. Claire (THat girl has some kick butt moves!)
    4. Winona (Just battle her in the game, and have fun with that lol)
    5. TJ (Even if he was a jerky buttface, he would get far)

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
    Years
  • SugarPinkKitty said:
    1. Ash (You had to know that was coming^^) cause he just plain flat out rocks!
    2. Richie (Dang that kid is good! He beat Ash!)
    3. Claire (THat girl has some kick butt moves!)
    4. Winona (Just battle her in the game, and have fun with that lol)
    5. TJ (Even if he was a jerky buttface, he would get far)

Remember people!!!
    Please do not include Gym Laeders and Elite Four Members

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • 1. Kenta-potential to pwn all
    2. Marina-big dreams and works hard
    3. AJ(Akira)-basically highly confident
    4. Satoshi-works hard
    5. Shigeru-may show off before but got more serious later

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
  • Well here we go

Well first anime:

1. Hazuki: Yeap, he haves the skills to become one and including the team, very balanced
    2. Satoshi: Determination, that's what makes him stronger and he never give up when he battles
    3. Haruka: Maybe she doesn't battle in Gyms but she haves skills to be a great trainer.
    4. Kenta: Sure he haves a strong team, and a strong will too, that's what makes him a strong battler
    5. Yuuki: He must be good, so he's an excellent candidate

Now the manga:

1. Red: He haves a strong team and a strong will to battle
    2. Green: He haves a very balanced team, including great strategies
    3. Gold: He left to train to the Silver Cave, so for sure he got a lot stronger
    4. Sapphire: She is really a good battler! But she needs to make her team a bit more balanced
    5. Yellow: She haves a good team, but what she needs is training, still she can be a Pokémon Master

That's all what do i say ^^

ethankaiba

Banned
    Years
  • correction

Red-Kun said:
    Well here we go

Well first anime:

1. Hazuki: Yeap, he haves the skills to become one and including the team, very balanced
    2. Satoshi: Determination, that's what makes him stronger and he never give up when he battles
    3. Haruka: Maybe she doesn't battle in Gyms but she haves skills to be a great trainer.
    4. Kenta: Sure he haves a strong team, and a strong will too, that's what makes him a strong battler
    5. Yuuki: He must be good, so he's an excellent candidate

Now the manga:

1. Red: He haves a strong team and a strong will to battle
    2. Green: He haves a very balanced team, including great strategies
    3. Gold: He left to train to the Silver Cave, so for sure he got a lot stronger
    4. Sapphire: She is really a good battler! But she needs to make her team a bit more balanced
    5. Yellow: She haves a good team, but what she needs is training, still she can be a Pok?mon Master

That's all what do i say ^^
    green is a girl in the manga

Back