• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Frontier Adventure (Lastest Version: V1.4a | Feb 6, 2021)

Years
  • I made a level_up_learnsets.h file where all of the pokemon given away in the frontier have greatly expanded movesets. Every pokemon can relearn all of the moves they can possibly have in all gens, excluding moves introduced in Gen 8 (except Mew whose moveset was trimmed to 255 moves). It should be as accurate as Pokemon Showdown because that is where I got the data. This solves the problem of egg moves being unavailable and simplifies the process of changing up your movesets, but kinda makes TMs and tutors pointless.
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Artdog/test/main/level_up_learnsets.h
    This also requires that MAX_LEVEL_UP_MOVES in include/constants/pokemon.h be set to 255. Changing this value doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Holy crap! How long did this take you? There's like 300 Pokemon in the hack! I'm so impressed. Between this solution and eventually (read: never) implementing new TMs, I'll take this in a heartbeat. In the next update, I can just add this and remove the move tutor house and TMs from the frontier shop. Again, thank you so much. This is very cool.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It took longer than I expected but nothing too crazy. I wrote a script to do all the work. The hard part was finding the data set and figuring out how to access it. I'm glad to see that it will be included.

Years
  • V1.4 is out. In it, the learnsets are changed so that every Pokémon has all possible moves available at the move relearner. Move Tutors and TMs are now cheaper. This would probably be more appropriate as V1.3h, but as the last foreseeable update, I wanted to end on a more definitive note. Thank you, everybody, for all your support.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Hi, I found a problem when buying Pokemon. I tried getting a Lilligant, but it just gives me Pyroar instead (getting a Pyroar works normally). It happens in v1.3 and 1.4. Thanks, I love this hack btw!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    I also found an issue with battle palace. If you go up try and enter to fight, the person will tell the player they got a 7-streak and get 15 battle points. They won't let you fight, instead you just keep farming 15 battle points just for talking.

Years
  • Hi, I found a problem when buying Pokemon. I tried getting a Lilligant, but it just gives me Pyroar instead (getting a Pyroar works normally). It happens in v1.3 and 1.4. Thanks, I love this hack btw!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Buying Pokemon is the most finicky part of the hack, so it's important that people let me know when there's an error. This will be fixed in V1.4a. I'll wait to see if I can fix the Battle Palace bug before publishing this update.

I also found an issue with battle palace. If you go up try and enter to fight, the person will tell the player they got a 7-streak and get 15 battle points. They won't let you fight, instead you just keep farming 15 battle points just for talking.

I guess I never found this glitch because I never use the Battle Palace. However, when I went, I wasn't able to trigger this glitch. Could you give me some more details? What had you been doing in the game right beforehand? Was this a single battle or a double battle? Is this the only dialogue that's triggered? Can you maybe send me a video of this happening or a save file?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    I guess I never found this glitch because I never use the Battle Palace. However, when I went, I wasn't able to trigger this glitch. Could you give me some more details? What had you been doing in the game right beforehand? Was this a single battle or a double battle? Is this the only dialogue that's triggered? Can you maybe send me a video of this happening or a save file?

Before, I wasn't really doing much.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z7lartx4wl7b8vj/Pokemon+-+Emerald+Version+(USA,+Europe)4.sgm/file

That is the save file I used. I'm in the battle arena right now, but if you go to the battle palace, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2021
    When I finish a round in the Battle Dome, the game sometimes freezes over. I'm playing using MyBoy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'm having the same issues, also ive been winning a bunch in the tower and other facilities with no bp. i even retired early to see what the issue was

Last edited:
    Years
  • When I finish a round in the Battle Dome, the game sometimes freezes over. I'm playing using MyBoy.
    I'm having the same issues, also ive been winning a bunch in the tower and other facilities with no bp. i even retired early to see what the issue was
    I'm sorry to see that. Unfortunately, I can't help with that. I've moved on from this project, and I'm not skilled enough atm to go bug hunting for a game-native function. I probably messed something up, so for that, I'm sorry. I play this hack using visual boy advance and retroarch. You might have more luck with those emulators. Sorry again that I can't be of help. This project is essentially finished/dead, so unless it's an easy bug to fix, I won't be tackling it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    Hi from France ! This hack is amazing and I was looking for something like this for a long time so a huge thank you for your amazing work.

I wonder if there is a way to get Shiny pokemon in that hack ? I don't think any cheat would work because those aren't wild pokemon. Might be cool to get an item or idk that could turn pokemon shiny. my dark charizard is missing in my team.
    Thanks again 😊 your work is awesome so congrats !

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    This is my dream hack. It's a sandbox for building competitive teams, without the tedium of
    having to obtain and grind up each mon individually!

I wish I had more fine-grained control over EVs. Currently, the EV guy will set your pokemon's EVs to 0,
    then let you reassign them in increments of 252. It would go a long way if he also offered to do lower increments
    than 252, say 32.

Many mons are in the game (your opponents get to use them!) but are unobtainable.

Bugs:
    • Buying a power herb gives a white herb instead
    • Red card does not work on Mimikyu

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2022
    Very nice hack, this was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot for the effort.

I've obtained 2 emblems so far!
    Sadly there seems to be some game breaking bugs however.

I also encountered the issue that the Battle Palace rewards me with (possibly?) endless chains of BP awards for beating the Palace Maven.
    Didn't do a single battle in the Battle Palace though.

Additionally, the Battle Dome became unplayable after a while (after like 15 total battles).
    Winning or even losing "freezes" the game when the "XXX has won the battle" message appears after a battle.
    Music still plays but no inputs are possible, input to soft reset the game don't work so either.
    Same case for Single and Double.

Minor issue: I think Metagrossite is not obtainable.

Emulator used: visualboyadvance-m

(I know this project is finished, mentioning anyway for people in the future)

Edit: The Battle Dome appears to be playable again for me.
    Though buggy encounters still happen.
    Seems highly random when it happens, could not find a pattern.
    Also, there is a trainer with a bugged Swampert. The pokemon name is gibberish and the battle initialization immediately crashes the game.
    So, don't play Battle Dome without doing save states at the beginning. Though the temptation to use them for a regular loss is really high.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    There is a bug where the Battle Dome freezes often. It seems like other people have reported this bug as well!

Other than that, this hack is awesome! I love being able to play an updated Frontier, especially since GameFreak won't give it to us. Would love to see this type of mod for the Pokemon Platinum facilities too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    Whoever created this rom please help I have a houndour on my team its supposed to be able to learn dark pulse.I have already taught it to 2 houndoom but it won't let me teach it to houndour... please fix this so I can play!!!

Days
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Anyone else encounter a bug that causes the game to sometimes freeze/crash in the battle dome? It primarily happens right after a win or loss. Have tried multiple emulators, it's very unfortunate.

Back