• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Messed up tiles after insertion

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Hello everybody !

Just having an issue with tiles insertion.
    Using this well known tutorial :
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314480
    I was able to insert a house (using palette6)
    1619795151-tileprob1.png

The thing is I want to insert a second one in the same tileset.
    1619795151-tileprob2.png

So I changed palette7 with the same method and tried to insert it as well.
    But I get this
    1619795151-tileprob3.png

On this thread someone explains it might me because of loading the tileset before the palettes.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=376912

But I did it in the right order so I can't figure out what should I do differently. The two houses are from the same pack (but some colors differ) so should I try inserted them at the same time ?

Thank you for your time and help guys !

Years
  • In my theory
    And what I see in the picture,
    you put the second house in the wrong pallette..
    I mean even if you changed pallette seven if you put your image in pallette 6 your image well be mess up.
    Well if you put it correctly and it's still the same result maybe
    Use the technique I'm using
    First Use a Tilehelper editor and save the pal of your image in both irfanview and advance map 1.92/1.95. and the image as well.
    Second go-to advance map and change the pal do you want to change.
    Import the file of advance map pallette wherever you saved it.
    Then write to rom.
    Save the tileset.dib and put the image you saved in tilehelper in there..save it..and open it in irfanview import the pallette you saved in irfanview..save as png.
    Open paint or anything your using that can save dib..open your image there and DON'T touch anything..just save as tileset.dib overwrite the tileset dib..
    And done..put it in now in the advance map..if the color is different restart the advance map.exe..and it will be fine..don't add another one if the pallette is still mess up...

That's all I can help..
    Goodluck

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    In my theory
    And what I see in the picture,
    you put the second house in the wrong pallette..
    I mean even if you changed pallette seven if you put your image in pallette 6 your image well be mess up.
    Well if you put it correctly and it's still the same result maybe
    Use the technique I'm using
    First Use a Tilehelper editor and save the pal of your image in both irfanview and advance map 1.92/1.95. and the image as well.
    Second go-to advance map and change the pal do you want to change.
    Import the file of advance map pallette wherever you saved it.
    Then write to rom.
    Save the tileset.dib and put the image you saved in tilehelper in there..save it..and open it in irfanview import the pallette you saved in irfanview..save as png.
    Open paint or anything your using that can save dib..open your image there and DON'T touch anything..just save as tileset.dib overwrite the tileset dib..
    And done..put it in now in the advance map..if the color is different restart the advance map.exe..and it will be fine..don't add another one if the pallette is still mess up...

That's all I can help..
    Goodluck

Hey mate ! Thanks for your help again. After trying like ten times it seems that I forgot to save the tileset each time I want to modify one thing. So if I save it everytime after loading the palette, it works !
    Spoiler:

I keep your answer for later times if I forget the procedure !

So everything is inserted as I wanted but in game, depending on where the player moves and walk tiles sometimes appear glitched :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Do you think it is still a matter of palettes ?

Years
  • It's because each Map only contains two tileset.
    Example your in Pallette town
    The town contains
    Tileset 1
    Tileset 0
    The rom can only load 2 tileset at a time
    So it gets overwrite.
    The technique they used to fix this is
    Combining two tileset per map
    Example
    Map1
    =Tileset 0
    =Tileset 1
    Map 2
    =Tileset 0
    =Tileset 2
    Make sure the tileset 1 is not visible in in map 2 or it will overwrite by tileset 2

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Thank you for the recall. I knew about those combinations but I was pretty sure that I only used that tile set on one map. I will check all my maps in case I did it wrong, maybe;
    i will let you know

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Hey so I inserted my houses in Tileset1, map1 which is using tilesets 0 and 1. I checked, none of the other maps use this combination.

Spoiler:

Could it be a matter of ROM memory ?

Years
  • Hi! I'm new to this, but I think maybe you misunderstood @Scripter8957
    I believe that when your player walks onto the route next to the town, the game can no longer load the tiles from tileset 1, since the route is not using tileset 1, it can't display tileset 1. And if I'm not mistaken, that is why there are often buildings in between routes and cities. Because if they're connected, both the route and the city have to use the same 2 tilesets, otherwise this happens.

Then from Scripter's message, I assume that you can also get around it by making sure that the screen only shows tiles from tileset 0 in the area where you leave a city and enter a route. That way, the game is loading tilesets 0 and 1 in the city, then only 0 in the transition area, then 0 and 2 in the route, for example.

Again I'm really new to this, but this was the issue I encountered. (I could be misunderstanding you though)

Back