• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Poke Wisteria Roleplay Online

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    LogoAloneHD.png
    WisteriaIsland.png
    Be part of the story, and change the world in this roleplay-focused online game! Centered in Kanto 30 years before red's adventure, the story takes place during the creation of Pokemon League, help new gyms to be built, or work along villains to destroy the project in a way more dangerous world of Pokémon!

Next Open Beta starts: april 12th 2024

Overview
    Not your average pokémon game! Bored of always seeing the same copy-paste games? Looking for unique gameplays? You are in the right place! Here you will roleplay and act as a character, and depending on what happens with you in the interaction with other players we design the story of the world. (there are some guides and rules you might want to check to understand more about how the roleplaying works!). To support this gameplay there are alot of unique features and hundreds of possible paths you can take this world, are you ready to LIVE in a pokemon world? so try Wisteria and you will have a Pokemon experience like no other!

Unique Features
    1. Build Your Character's Classes by combining Perks
    2. Dangerous World (Pokémon and Trainer death)
    3. Play as Wild Pokémons (Create Player Events and more!)
    4. Dynamic Spawns (The spawns of a area depends on the pokémon living there)
    5. Expansive maps (They can increase at runtime as story goes!)
    6. Real-time Strategic Battle (Unique interesting gameplay)
    7. Over 700 moves with strategical positioning usages!
    8. Explore Pokémon labor (Use them to profit!)
    9. Pokémon Relationship Systems (Treat well or bad your pokémon for different builds!)
    10. Sell prototype technology to the factory to mass export new items!
    11. Control up to 6 pokémon in a battle!
    12. Play with friends! Make new friends!
    13. Johto and Kanto Servers and you can travel between them in late game!
    14. And alot more!

Update.png
    returnall.png
    Beta48Cover.png
    Beta45Cover.png
    Beta40Cover.png
    unknown (5).pngOpenAlpha2.pngBeta3Cover2.png34b92b8d1c675dc5b1cfa521aab8e0c2.png

Join our Discord to know more about the project:
    https://discord.gg/MGhhsfx
    And Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeWisteria/

How to Play

Download the client: https://gamejolt.com/games/PokeWisteria/747681
    Or: https://www.indiedb.com/games/poke-wisteria-rp/downloads/wisteria-install-50-beta

Guides (Due to constant updates some might be outdated, might be worth consulting in-game chat or in our discord if you are lost)
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• OpenAlpha2.png
      OpenAlpha2.png
      68.8 KB · Views: 0
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Open Beta v2.0 Is Up!

Beta2Cover.png

Servers will be up in the next minutes!

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm not a fan of the death mechanic at all, how does it work exactly?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Hi! Depend, we have pokémon and trainer death;
    You can always use a pokémon to swap the battle position with your trainer, always keeping him safe, but lets say you run out of pokémon and still get attacked, ends up with 0 health in trainer, and gets sknocked out, and continue to be attacked; you will get to the limbo;
    A place where you can decide what happens next;
    You can accept your death, this means your character dies, but you can keep a few things in your next char;
    1- your first pokemon goes unharmed to the next char's farm as heritage;
    2- you keep your total RP scores;
    OR
    Survive with injuries;
    This means by a miracle you ended up surviving such lethal situation and will respawn at the hospital (a huge hospital at cerulean that takes cares of humans and pokémon) this will give you some back damages;
    1- All your pokemon gets +20% deathrisk;
    2- you have a 5% chance one of your pokémon on the way;
    3- you lose your money and some items;
    4- your pokémon lose a tiny amount of stats;

Pokemon death goes by:
    everytime a pokemon gets knocked out, they get a tiny amoutn of death risk up; lower then 10% arent serious injuries, and can be treated at any poké-center; but if you end up being way too careless to your pokémon you might need to give it better treatments, like the hospital heals up to 20% deathrisks; a player nurse can heal up to 60%s, and a medic's player surgery can heal up the pokémons with 98%;
    Okay, with that in mind, your pokémon might die starting on deathrisks of 20% at everytime they get knocked out; starting 1% chance up to 60% chance;
    - Death risks also affects your pokémon battle efficiency;
    - Having Berserker class lets your pokemons gets boosts on battle efficiency when they have higher deathrisks;

As you might be afraid of the serious-dangers this might bring, its very important features/concepts to keep the online game's balance, making players and pokémon cycle more; and its a crucial feature for the roleplaying aspects of the game

Feel free to ask questions o/

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, this seems really interesting . For some reasons , I can't get Byond to start though....

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2021
    This game is surprisingly hard to get into. Like, everything about it is RP based. If that is not your cup of tea then this game might not be for you. I don't say this to be mean. The game is well made and fun to wander around in. It's just really difficult to do things and I am pretty sure I played for an hour or two and still could not go outside the town without getting instantly destroyed. Every time I asked for help I was informed that I must 'do something different' or 'talk to people' which was not exactly helpful. I don't even know how I was suppose to see my relationship stats or how many points I collected or how to interact with my pokemon. It was all very frustrating for me.

The job system is fun though! I also enjoy the pokemon walking around mechanic and rping was fun though I did not understand what I was doing. People were friendly enough if somewhat unhelpful. The battle system seems interesting in the few times I battled. Moving around is a bit difficult but otherwise it's smooth enough. There was 40 people online and the game seemed to function pretty well. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    This game is surprisingly hard to get into. Like, everything about it is RP based. If that is not your cup of tea then this game might not be for you. I don't say this to be mean. The game is well made and fun to wander around in. It's just really difficult to do things and I am pretty sure I played for an hour or two and still could not go outside the town without getting instantly destroyed. Every time I asked for help I was informed that I must 'do something different' or 'talk to people' which was not exactly helpful. I don't even know how I was suppose to see my relationship stats or how many points I collected or how to interact with my pokemon. It was all very frustrating for me.

The job system is fun though! I also enjoy the pokemon walking around mechanic and rping was fun though I did not understand what I was doing. People were friendly enough if somewhat unhelpful. The battle system seems interesting in the few times I battled. Moving around is a bit difficult but otherwise it's smooth enough. There was 40 people online and the game seemed to function pretty well. :)

Hi!
    Every mechanic in the game is tought and made to promote roleplay indeed; and without interacting with other real players you won't get too far;
    your adventure however depends on how ready/prepaired you will be in character to deal with the challanges (that are many indeed!)

Toward to see extra stats of your pokémon (relationship bar etc), you must learn in character the second information about that pokémon (you can access it through M > Pokemon Knowledge menu) (click the bar on top of a menu to swap);
    I can't guide you toward every detail of where to click and how to do here, but all of this is actually explained in the guides posted in the wiki; I understand there are alot of missing information in the guide, but your questions here are all answered there;
    The game will be really difficult untill you learn the basics indeed; so take some time to read the wikis; players are 24hours helping eachother at the OOC chat;

I am sorry you felt frustrated by the initial difficulty and maybe some of the changes on our first patch might help you alot too!

quick routine fix:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Beta 2.1 version is out, read more about the changes here:

v2.1 changelog
    Spoiler:

9a2fe39299fa28b02bfd986122c70034

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Another roll of fixes in the most recent patches;

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2021
    Hi!
    Every mechanic in the game is tought and made to promote roleplay indeed; and without interacting with other real players you won't get too far;
    your adventure however depends on how ready/prepaired you will be in character to deal with the challanges (that are many indeed!)

Toward to see extra stats of your pokémon (relationship bar etc), you must learn in character the second information about that pokémon (you can access it through M > Pokemon Knowledge menu) (click the bar on top of a menu to swap);
    I can't guide you toward every detail of where to click and how to do here, but all of this is actually explained in the guides posted in the wiki; I understand there are alot of missing information in the guide, but your questions here are all answered there;
    The game will be really difficult untill you learn the basics indeed; so take some time to read the wikis; players are 24hours helping eachother at the OOC chat;

I am sorry you felt frustrated by the initial difficulty and maybe some of the changes on our first patch might help you alot too!

I did read the guide and I did roleplay and I did look in the menus. I asked for help several times and I spent hours in that same town because I was unable to leave because my weedle gets destroyed by a rattata every time I try to level. I was told that battle was not how you get strong, that rp is though I was not informed how rping makes my pokemon stronger. I can not even tell something as simple as how much exp a pokemon has. I can not tell how much I need to do to get strong enough to leave that starter town. The guide doesn't even tell me any of those things as far as I can tell. The players were only slightly more helpful.

I finally got someone to lead me to a pile of tires my pokemon can beat up to get stronger and yet I still was not told how exactly that was meant to make my pokemon stronger. I can't tell if it does ev or if I level up eventually if I do it long enough nor how long that would take to make my stronger besides ask a scientist but how am I suppose to know that? Am I suppose to just wander around asking every person I meet, in character, whether or not they are a scientist. Which feels like a horrible idea since my character isn't meant to be friendly but I am meant to break character or beg someone ooc to make their way over to my town just to ask for help.

This is not just difficult or read a guide for help. This is hiding basic gameplay features for no reason I can think of. It is not my fault the guide does not tell me these things and it most definitely is not my fault that players are not helping me. I did my best with what I had for hours and still could not leave the starter town.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Well, didn't seem like you read the guide, you are taking simple stuffs as if they are over complicated; your questions are explained in these parts of the guide:
    unknown.png

and
    unknown.png

You can learn about your pokemons pretty easily from school or getting the newbie scientist trait and observing your own, well, these are just fractions of the guides you should really take your time to read (entirely) to understand the game, its different, but not difficult at all; and yeah, you will find yourself interacting with real players alot here if you want to go far;

(guides used in these prints: New Player Guide and Trained pokémon, but I suggest you take a look at more guides like: Perks)

If you are lost and confused just ask questions, (just read the guides for the basics) alot of people get helped everyday and it works, and alot you will learn as you play, its part of the adventure, afterall its a new game

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Today's roll of fixes and new pokémons:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Today's patches and fixes:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    hola de que forma puedo iniciar el juego no me deja entrar

Hey, read this guide, it shows with screenshots step by step how to get in-game:
    https://poke-wisteria.fandom.com/wiki/How_to_get_ingame

is there a plan to add more gen mons?

Hi! Yes, we add new pokémon daily, the game is Kanto-Focused but the plan is to keep adding other pokémon to the database as we go, there is a player-made list with the current pokémon in the wiki:
    https://poke-wisteria.fandom.com/wiki/Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Summer is here!

unknown.png

Servers are back starting with a new wipe on version 2.5!

The Wipe season 0 description:
    The League has been formed by Kanto's two most famous Professors, -Instert names of Professors-, made to act as a regulatory body throughout the region. Those interested in becoming Licensed Trainers with the League should seek them out. In addition, the two Official League Pokemon Gymnasiums are also open for business. Spring is almost over and Summer approaches, but why the sky is so cloudy?

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Make sure to join our Discord: https://discord.gg/MGhhsfx
    and Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeWisteria/

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    The new wipe just started today and hope you are all having fun! Well, as usually I rushed into fixing urgent bugs, its time to patch some fixes before they get out of control;

Patch Notes:
    Spoiler:

Have fun guys and report! See you all ingame and make sure to get ready for the summer events, read more at #announcements in our discord channel: https://discord.gg/MGhhsfx

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Cover.png

Hey! as some of you know I been sick this month and had a family travel, ended up reducing the updates flow. But finally finished a new patch!
    Our focus here is to remove the progression focus a little out of the gym meta; after 2.0's bug was spotted, there is no reason to making progression strict to gym battles the way they are now, but before trying to understand fully this update make sure to read the latest #devlog topic, wich explains how the progression mechanics of the game works toward catching up and everything;
    also been focusing at some more common pokémons, surprisingly the amount of these in a single gen is pretty low, so we might see alot of commons as OOR! well, with that said, changelog!:

Changes added during the 2.5 test:
    Spoiler:

2.6 exclusive changes:
    Spoiler:

Read about the Power Progression guides at our wiki too:
    https://poke-wisteria.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Progression

Join our discord:
    https://discord.gg/MGhhsfx

And reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeWisteria/

Back