• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon : Online or destined to failure?

Metis

New Water Gym ******
Years
  • Hi, I'm new to the forum how are yall doin? I was thinking a really great idea i think would be a MMO pokemon game put all thw rolds in it and then some make new level reqs and new gym levels, instead of guilds players can devote themselves to gyms and train under certain types of pokemon. a PVP system would have to be devised so you can fight other players and work together, but i know everyone has been running through the feilds of a pokemon game or another and thought "Sure wish someone would be running the other way on their way to fight blaine" or whatnot. Nintendo hasn't been to ramped into this whole online gaming phase that has now become the true denominator XD If they put it on the GC or even the revolution it'd be all to easy to fit the info for all maps and monsters into it. Do it! DO IT NOW! lol. Can't get Pokemon Online off my mind. Must have online goodness.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Dont think its gonna work, I have seen like 8 REALLY good projects just fall apart, it may not seem like it but its ALOT of work. %99 of the people that know that dont try, and we support the few that do but after so many failures its hard to put faith in any online project. The only way I can see it happening is if a site full of game makers (like this one) gets together and actually WORKS on it. Theres people here that deffinitely know how but dont have the time or resources to do it, but if you put that know how and those resources together, we just might see one, until then.....dont hold your breath

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    theres a link in my sig to that project Im on the dev team, were having problems that are typical to a pokemon mmorpg I havnt lost faith though just waitin for a new comp

Atomic

Isnt this awsome
    Years
    • Age 32
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    it may get nintendos attention if they think they can make money off it (nintendo of course) but as far as gameplay goes it depends on how fans will think of the idea and if questions on legalty arise (of course that follows the fair use as long as they dont make money themselfs) so it depends on if the fans like the idea and if pupblicity on the net goes widespread such as blogs game forums ect

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • NO no not sphere. No game making programs can handle MMO's and stuff. And there is a MMORPG: http://mantis.desk.pl/

No one here is smart nough to make a MMO :/

w00t?
    first, sphere can handle MMORPGs but you would need big maps so that people don't get stuck on each other :P but what I meant by online in my game is a room where people enter (pretty much like the wireless room) and battle/trade.
    As for "no game making program can hold MMOs" you might be right if it's a big MMO but there's game engines that do hold big MMOs, one of them is Kaneva, a 3D game engine made specifically for MMORPGs :P

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • There is a way to make an online game with RPG Maker XP Datriot is making one.
    You need a script to do so.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    [_DarkDragon_] said:
    w00t?
    first, sphere can handle MMORPGs but you would need big maps so that people don't get stuck on each other :P but what I meant by online in my game is a room where people enter (pretty much like the wireless room) and battle/trade.
    As for "no game making program can hold MMOs" you might be right if it's a big MMO but there's game engines that do hold big MMOs, one of them is Kaneva, a 3D game engine made specifically for MMORPGs :P
    No things with scripting are OK its just like GameMaker's internet stuff sucks.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Things like GameMaker that have online capabalities. Its the best to do it in a programming language anyway. RMXP might have trouble if it can't read or write to files...

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • Pokemon Online, the engine PT works on is unfortunately on hold and likely to be cancelled, so I guess you're right. I think many gamemakers should collaborate on this. Look how many of us there is!

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    TheAbsol said:
    Thats getting to be a problem for the future...
    How is it becoming a problem NOBODY is finishing their projects its not the amount of memebers its that nobody is getting anything done, if we had 20 people here and no finished projects it would be the same thing. Everytime I hear the notion of everyone working together all i hear is "it wont work" wtf, why not try this is not the same group it was a year ago. Appoint somebody head of the project, assign task, give a deadline, we dont have to let everyone work on it just the people everyone knows around here thats gonna work. Why be so negative just try it

TheAbsol said:
    LOL theres also a link on my post above.
    Im not really sure what you meant by this but I said that to let you know about the status of the project, if you care.....

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Naas02 said:
    Im not really sure what you meant by this but I said that to let you know about the status of the project, if you care.....
    I posted a link to Ekaiyo above your post...

Back