• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Things that got spoiled for you in the anime

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Have you ever had any moments in the anime spoiled by something or someone, and if so what was it?

For myself, the only thing I could think of was Ash-Greninja. When I started up again watching the XY series, I came to the point where it was the third opening. I watch the anime dubbed btw (This will come in use later). I watched some vids on XY and even the openings again on youtube to people commenting on stuff. I saw a comment regarding the japanese opening (Iko'z or whatever its called) I loved it. At some point though, while watching the opening I noticed Greninja's change within the vortex, yes the vortex didnt actually get me. I was like "Oh damn Greninja can mega evolve? But wait, what about Pikachu then, isn't he meant to be his stronges?" And after watching the series further, I found out it was a phenomenon bond. Pretty neet stuff, but still ruined the surprise of it.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Have you ever had any moments in the anime spoiled by something or someone, and if so what was it?

For myself, the only thing I could think of was Ash-Greninja. When I started up again watching the XY series, I came to the point where it was the third opening. I watch the anime dubbed btw (This will come in use later). I watched some vids on XY and even the openings again on youtube to people commenting on stuff. I saw a comment regarding the japanese opening (Iko'z or whatever its called) I loved it. At some point though, while watching the opening I noticed Greninja's change within the vortex, yes the vortex didnt actually get me. I was like "Oh damn Greninja can mega evolve? But wait, what about Pikachu then, isn't he meant to be his stronges?" And after watching the series further, I found out it was a phenomenon bond. Pretty neet stuff, but still ruined the surprise of it.

The show's intro has spoiled stuff from day 1. In the original series, you see that Ash ultimately catches Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle to go along with Pidgeotto and Butterfree. Same in Johto with the three starters going to Ash yet again. So if you don't want anything to be spoiled, sometimes avoiding the Intro is the best way around it.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
The show's intro has spoiled stuff from day 1. In the original series, you see that Ash ultimately catches Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle to go along with Pidgeotto and Butterfree. Same in Johto with the three starters going to Ash yet again. So if you don't want anything to be spoiled, sometimes avoiding the Intro is the best way around it.

I get that, but the thing is, I never noticed in the english intro, only when I watched the japanes one because it has like 1 minute of extra content

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
Ash fails to become a Pokémon Master, and everyone else except for Pikachu and Team Rocket are permanently removed from the anime.

I say I've just spoiled every saga in the times to come. There is no point in ever watching the Pokémon anime ever again.

Last edited:
Back