• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hidden Ties

What do you think of the storyline?

• Epic! One of the best I've seen!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Great, it's looking pretty good!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Mediocre, could definitely be better.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • An embarrassment to hackers everywhere.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    ahh!
    I'm really happy the hack's still going on, unlike me. xD I can definitely say that you have improved a lot. The scripts look quite nice. I'm sure you'll complete this one and it will be a great and enjoyable hack.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    @Sarcastic... well, Giradialkia really said it all, so I guess I'll just leave it at that. Thanks!

And thanks Mervyn, I'm giving it my best.
    Just a note for everyone. Progress is going to be slow for awhile since I just started college. Once I get a routine established, it'll pick up again (that is, if you could ever say it was really "picked up").

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    The routine has been established, and progress is... progressing. I've learned how to successfully insert cries, so that's proceeding, and in between cry insertions I've been doing a lot of scripting and mapping. It's taking a freakishly long time though, simply because there is a freakishly large amount of scripting to be done for this next area. Trust me, you'll like it.
    I will be introducing a major new character next Beta, as well as one or two minor Fakemon (thanks to n0rul3s for the character sprite and some Fakemon, they're nicely done). Beta 2 will also mark the beginning of a major plot kick-off; things will start happening very fast.
    Anyway, this was largely just a reassurance to you all that this project is far from dead. I'll be posting new screenies as they become available.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Not as good as others, but I know how stressful it is to even get a game and a team running. I say keep it up, and keep adding custom screens, like new trainers, new backgrounds, new intro, new bag, etc.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks for the comments guys, feedback like that really inspires me to keep pushing forward on this.
    Screenies to come as soon as I'm done scripting Seoul City.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Here they are, only three now, but they should give you some idea of what's coming. Most of the new scripts are working great, but I've run into several bugs as well, so it's been give and take.
    Anyway, the hopefully much-anticipated screenies. Be warned, as they do contain major spoilers:
    Spoiler:

So, I'll wait awhile to see your comments, then post a brief explanation.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I'm guessing from those screens, that you're given a choice - to join team legend (the "good" team), or team rocket, the bad team.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Of course, no choice at all is still a choice...
    But anyway, whatever choice you make will obviously shift the storyline in one direction or the other. It'll impact what Pokemon you can obtain, how you can obtain them, possibly even which HMs you get to use.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Let me clarify that there are more than two choices. Again, no choice is, in fact, a choice, so all three of those pictures represent a different decision.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Too late for you Mervyn, I have plans for you.
    ._.; What are you going to do? (I noticed this a bit too late)
    The sprites are looking great, especially that shiny Gardevoir one. Wait.. it has been made by NiKaNoRoU? It has to be great then. XD

Also, I'm going to try the beta. :P

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Oh, you have no idea, my friend >:D

I redid the rock climbing script from the Alpha (the one I used for Bruno's training ground was awful). It works great, and it could be handy for other people as well, so I'm going to go ahead and post it. Use it if you want. Basically, if you're facing up, it has you do a slow step and a jump upwards. If you're facing down, vice versa. Oh, and it should be obvious, but this script should be used as a signpost.
    Spoiler:

Also, I have one more character bio. I haven't done one in awhile :\
    Elyse:
    Spoiler:

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
    Years
  • for the sprite floating in the trees, look on the maps connected to the city with the floating sprite and see if you can find an extra person event that shouldnt be there

Years
  • I like the storyline. Pretty Creative :)

The maps are a bit plain though... :/

Anyway i'm going to give the beta a try and tell you what i think.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Well, that's all I can ask.
    Several people have said they don't really like the maps, but I haven't received many suggestions on how to improve them. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    This project is still going, btw, just slowly, in conjunction with a college workload. Also, I completely underestimated the amount of work I threw on my shoulders by giving a team choice option. But just to reassure you all, I'm still chugging along here...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back