• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Text boxes that point?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change the text boxes so they kind of point to which npc is talking. I've looked on the forums and haven't found anything so far and I don't recall any npc in essentials showing this. Thanks.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • That's exactly what I'm looking for but it appears the link to download doesn't work :(
    Maybe I'll be able to find it now that I have an idea of what it's called. Thank you!

Look the thread: Speech Bubbles

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    The download link doesn't work anymore. The Essentials wiki was closed down.
    What stinks is that I had this in my PC, but deleted it about six months ago.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • The download link doesn't work anymore. The Essentials wiki was closed down.
    What stinks is that I had this in my PC, but deleted it about six months ago.

Take a look around...

So, save the arrows inside Pictures folder and the bubbles inside Windowskin folder.

in 'Settings' add outside:
    Code:
    $Bubble = 0

in 'SpriteWindow' add:
    Code:
    BUBBLETEXTBASE  = Color.new(22,22,22)
    BUBBLETEXTSHADOW= Color.new(166,160,151)

in 'PokemonUtilities' add outside:
    Code:
    def pbCallBub(status=0, value=0)
      $talkingEvent=get_character(value).id
      $Bubble=status
    end

and in 'Messages' replace to this (or use a compare text to add):

Spoiler:

Use 'pbCallBub(x,x)' to use that bubble text.
    first 'x' to bubble type (1 to 'thinks' and 2 to use arrows, third person) and second 'x' to ID event.

credit to Carmaniac.

OBS: If someone knows how to add a scream bubbles, pls teach me lol i have the speech text.

Attachments

• frlgtextskin.png
      frlgtextskin.png
      462 bytes · Views: 465
    • Arrow1.png
      Arrow1.png
      557 bytes · Views: 52
    • Arrow2.png
      Arrow2.png
      557 bytes · Views: 32
    • Arrow3.png
      Arrow3.png
      565 bytes · Views: 37
    • Arrow4.png
      Arrow4.png
      566 bytes · Views: 31
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Take a look around...

So, save the arrows inside Pictures folder and the bubbles inside Windowskin folder.

Code:
    $Bubble = 0

in 'SpriteWindow' add:
    Code:

Code:
      $Bubble=status
    end

Spoiler:

first 'x' to bubble type (1 to 'thinks' and 2 to use arrows, third person) and second 'x' to ID event.

credit to Carmaniac.

OBS: If someone knows how to add a scream bubbles, pls teach me lol i have the speech text.

Thank you! I really appreciate this! :)
    I did have a quick question about where to put it though. I didn't understand when you say "add outside" do you mean just after everything else? is there a specific place I need to put these things, or just in the general area like "settings"? I just wanna make sure im doing this right before I throw it into my code.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Thank you! I really appreciate this! :)
    I did have a quick question about where to put it though. I didn't understand when you say "add outside" do you mean just after everything else? is there a specific place I need to put these things, or just in the general area like "settings"? I just wanna make sure im doing this right before I throw it into my code.

dont need a specific place :D just place in script yet... :)

outside means, outside to a 'def' o a 'module' for example :D

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Take a look around...

Code:
    $Bubble = 0

in 'SpriteWindow' add:
    Code:

Code:
      $Bubble=status
    end

Spoiler:

credit to Carmaniac.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Essentials wiki was closed down, so the tutorial cannot be found anywhere. Or can it?
    Also, where exactly is the downloads for the arrows and windowskins? I personally don't think there are any...

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Essentials wiki was closed down, so the tutorial cannot be found anywhere. Or can it?
    Also, where exactly is the downloads for the arrows and windowskins? I personally don't think there are any...
    im not sure if it can be found anywhere, I couldn't find anything, but the post by WolfPP on this thread has the images to download attached to it as well as all of the instructions on how to apply and use it. I added it to my game and it works perfectly, so this thread is just as much of a tutorial as anywhere else! :)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • im not sure if it can be found anywhere, I couldn't find anything, but the post by WolfPP on this thread has the images to download attached to it as well as all of the instructions on how to apply and use it. I added it to my game and it works perfectly, so this thread is just as much of a tutorial as anywhere else! :)

The brazilian style/way to get anything... :D I found in a italian website.

About the arrows and text box, they are in Attachments into the post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    No, if you use a scroll map it is not in the center... whatever, in the case of the character, i will not use that

Back