• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke ID - Rename Pokemon on the go

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
  • Poke ID - Renaming Tool
    Rename your Pokemon on the go

Some of you wanted to have an item to rename a Pokemon on the go, without the need of a Name Rater.
    I made a little script for that. It's easy to install and even easier to use. It will check wether you are the original trainer, so that you can't rename traded Pokemon. If you attempt to do so anyways, well... see for yourself. Also it let's you erase the nickname.

The file with the instructions and the script can be found here.

Credits go to the creators of Pokemon Essentials v17.1. I used the debug renaming tool as a base for this script.

Please give credits!

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    Hey Ego13. I've been attempting to modify your code for this tool, in an effort to directly implement it into the Party Menu of my game. However, due to my lack of experience with programming in Ruby, combined with a lack of understanding of all of Essentials workings, I've been unsuccessful. Whilst I have found another similar tool which provides this feature, it's code is structured differently to the point where I simply cannot "merge" the features of your tool with it... Would you possibly be able to provide editted code, to allow me to add the renaming function as a Party Menu option, as opposed to an item?

(Also, sorry for the large comment; I just wanted to make sure that I explained my situation clearly. :P)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    Hey Ego13. I've been attempting to modify your code for this tool, in an effort to directly implement it into the Party Menu of my game. However, due to my lack of experience with programming in Ruby, combined with a lack of understanding of all of Essentials workings, I've been unsuccessful. Whilst I have found another similar tool which provides this feature, it's code is structured differently to the point where I simply cannot "merge" the features of your tool with it... Would you possibly be able to provide editted code, to allow me to add the renaming function as a Party Menu option, as opposed to an item?

(Also, sorry for the large comment; I just wanted to make sure that I explained my situation clearly. :P)

By other one you found, you mean this?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=415875

Seems to have all the functionality this has already, but in the form you want

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    By other one you found, you mean this?
    [Can't quote link, as this is a recently created account.]

Seems to have all the functionality this has already, but in the form you want

Yeah, that would be the other post which I was talking about. Whilst Diego's system is simple (I've currently implemented it into my game), it lacks some of the additional features of this tool; namely the option to choose between "Rename" and "Erase Name" and also the corresponding text which makes the system feel a little more "user-engaging". I've tried to add these features into Diego's code, however, due to my lack of experience with Ruby, all my attempts have failed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    Yeah, that would be the other post which I was talking about. Whilst Diego's system is simple (I've currently implemented it into my game), it lacks some of the additional features of this tool; namely the option to choose between "Rename" and "Erase Name" and also the corresponding text which makes the system feel a little more "user-engaging". I've tried to add these features into Diego's code, however, due to my lack of experience with Ruby, all my attempts have failed.

Erase name in his system by just not entering anything.

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Hey Ego13. I've been attempting to modify your code for this tool, in an effort to directly implement it into the Party Menu of my game. However, due to my lack of experience with programming in Ruby, combined with a lack of understanding of all of Essentials workings, I've been unsuccessful. Whilst I have found another similar tool which provides this feature, it's code is structured differently to the point where I simply cannot "merge" the features of your tool with it... Would you possibly be able to provide editted code, to allow me to add the renaming function as a Party Menu option, as opposed to an item?

Hey there,

if you want to replace hi renaming tool with mine change
    Code:
    elsif cmdApodo>=0 && command==cmdApodo
            if pkmn.isForeign?($Trainer) #checks if the pokemon isnt yours, if is that the case, shows text
              @scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("This Pokémon isn't yours.\nIts in memory of it's Original Trainer."))
            else
              @scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("Choose the Nickname that you want."))
              speciesname = PBSpecies.getName(pkmn.species)
              oldname = (pkmn.name && pkmn.name!=speciesname) ? pkmn.name : ""
                newname = pbEnterPokemonName(_INTL("{1}'s nickname?",speciesname),
                    0,PokeBattle_Pokemon::NAMELIMIT,oldname,pkmn)
                if newname && newname!=""
                  pkmn.name = newname
                  pbRefreshSingle(pkmnid)
                elsif newname="" #if the name is null, will...
                  pkmn.name = speciesname #...change its name from the species name
                  pbRefreshSingle(pkmnid)
                end
            end

to
    Code:
    elsif cmdApodo>=0 && command==cmdApodo
            cmd = 0
          loop do
            speciesname = PBSpecies.getName(pkmn.species)
            msg = [_INTL("{1} has the nickname {2}.",speciesname,pkmn.name),
                   _INTL("{1} has no nickname.",speciesname)][pkmn.name==speciesname ? 1 : 0]
            cmd = @scene.pbShowCommands(msg,[
                 _INTL("Rename"),
                 _INTL("Erase name")],cmd)
            break if cmd<0
            case cmd
            when 0   # Rename
              oldname = speciesname if oldname==""
              newname = pbEnterPokemonName(_INTL("{1}'s nickname?",speciesname),
                 0,PokeBattle_Pokemon::NAMELIMIT,oldname,pkmn)
              if newname && newname!="" && !pkmn.isForeign?($Trainer)
                pkmn.name = newname
                @scene.pbRefresh
              elsif newname && newname!="" && pkmn.isForeign?($Trainer)
                @scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("#{newname} doesn't seem to react to its new name. You quickly went back to calling it #{oldname}."))
                pkmn.name=oldname
                @scene.pbRefresh
              end
            when 1   # Erase name
            if !pkmn.isForeign?($Trainer)
              pkmn.name = speciesname
              @scene.pbRefresh
            elsif pkmn.isForeign?($Trainer) && oldname!=""
                @scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("#{speciesname} doesn't seem to react. You quickly went back to calling it #{oldname}."))
                @scene.pbRefresh
            elsif oldname==""
                @scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("#{speciesname} doesn't have a nickname."))
              end
            end
          end
            end

This will replace all of his code with my version. But this is untested and might spit out an error, so please make a backup just in case

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024

If you just put enter without put any name, it will be erased.

Back