• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add Snow Warning Ability and Update Sturdy to Fire Red.

Chain

Pokemon Fan
Years
  • Hi guys! nice to see you again.
    I have not published in the community for a long time, but today I bring you an interesting thing.

I will teach you to add a Ability, Snow Warning, to Fire Red, without expanding the ability table, just replacing an existing one.

At the moment I am creating a great Rombase for FireRed, and I decided that I could add this ability since there are all the weather abilities,
    but this one was missing, and I saw it necessary in the game.

In the tutorial I replaced it with "Cacophony" since Soundproof already exists in the game. (Besides no one has Cacophony as ability).

So, let's begin!

Spoiler:

With that, It will be done!
    If you want to change the name of the ability and his description, you can use PGE, like this:

Add Snow Warning Ability and Update Sturdy to Fire Red.

If you like, I teach you how to update the Sturdy effect in Gen III:

Spoiler:

And, a video to see the ability in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j8BooDXkL4

That's all. Thank you for visit this thread: If you need help, just tell me!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    does anyone know the offset(s) id use in emerald to do this exact same thing? (snow warning)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    so i wanted to put cacophony into some pokemon that normally have soundproof(like the whismur line and mr. mime), the problem i'm having is that the effect for the ability dosen't work, i tested it and my pokemon could still be hit by sound based moves, i think this happens because there is a script for avoiding sound attacks but it's only pointing to soundproof, not cacophony, so what i could do is to copy paste the soundproof effect and then change the index number to make a pointer to cacophony, but the only problem that i'm having right now is that i don't know where the soundproof effect is in the rom. Do you know in what offset it is? And if so, is there anything more that i need to edit in the script?

ThePuffinMan

Some person who plays games
    Years
  • Great tutorial! I followed your instructions and got the Snow Warning ability working for me. May I ask, when are you going to do your Sturdy ability update tutorial?

ThePuffinMan

Some person who plays games
    Years
  • Um, your snow warning code works, but once I switch the ability on Bulbasaur (it had Snow warning as a test) back to overgrow, the hail effect is still in place. Also, tackle and pound do only 2 damage. I think this is a problem.

Back